SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 3 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >
Topic Options
#2131 - 07/04/03 12:21 AM Re: What was your first keybaord?
Anonymous
Unregistered

Thanks for rekindleing one of my greatest memories. The very first keyboard instrument I owned myself was a real toy piano with 3 octaves (not two)given to me as a child by my uncle Bob (in collaboration it turns out, with the rest of the familys) as a Christmas gift 1963. My aunt actually has it on 16mm film and I do recall seeing the film and how I felt. Probably of the most rejoiceing moments in my life. Most of the film shows me motionless pointing at it and crying. They were all asking me why I was crying, but they all knew why, and I was the only one who didn't know. My mother telling me, "Peter! Look at your shirt and tie. You're ruining your tie!" You could read her lips on the film. Someone threw me a huge bath towel that knocked me over and I came up from the towel laughing. I remember playing it while heading home the next morning in my big brother's van on the parkway. Wow. 40 years since then. I believe my first electic was a Magnus and my first electronic I remember well. A Moog Sonic Six. It looked like a guitar case!

#2132 - 07/05/03 08:26 AM Re: What was your first keybaord?
BEBOP Offline

Loc: San Jose, California
Hohner Clavinet D6 from about 1970 and I still have it and even play it once in awhile. Uncle Dave told me recently it is worth $1000.00. I wonder why?
BEBOP

#2133 - 07/06/03 05:57 PM Re: What was your first keybaord?
Retired Offline

Loc: England
My first keyboard was a Farfisa fast 4, plus matching amp that had two 12 inch speakers,
Which I used with a Rhythm Ace drum box for gigs for eleven years between 1965 to 1976.
In 1985 I bought a yamaha keyboard. All I can rember about it was that it was black and had a lid.
I have now got the Technics KN7000
Fred UK

[This message has been edited by Retired (edited 07-06-2003).]

#2134 - 07/13/03 10:33 AM Re: What was your first keybaord?
David Green Offline

Loc: BC, Canada
Hi,

Roland SH-1000 synth, Roland Jupiter-4 synth, Roland RS-09 organ-strings, Roland SH-09 synth, and Wurlitzer 200-B (Supertramp-ish).
I got them all within weeks of each other in the very early 80's when I started my studio.
I also purchased a TR-808 just shortly there after, along with a bunch of other goodies.
http://www.vintagesynth.org/roland/sh1000.shtml http://www.vintagesynth.org/roland/jup4.shtml http://www.vintagesynth.org/roland/rs09.shtml http://www.vintagesynth.org/roland/sh09.shtml
http://www.vintagesynth.org/roland/808.shtml

David

------------------
Li'l Chips Systems
www.lilchips.com

#2135 - 07/14/03 11:44 AM Re: What was your first keybaord?
Vadim Offline

My First Keyboard ,about 6 years ago was YAMAHA PSR-?? for aproximetly $70 from a store.Now I have Roland VA-76 and also planning to buy TRITON classic too(and still keep VA-76).

#2136 - 07/19/03 02:17 PM Re: What was your first keybaord?
DAB777 Offline

Loc: Park Hill,Ok. USA
My first keyboard was an accordion when I was 4 years old. Took 9 years. Then came the Baldwin combo keyboard and the Vox organ(LOL).Hohner piano ,Etc.. Rock on !!!!!!!! , David B.

#2137 - 07/20/03 05:12 PM Re: What was your first keybaord?
Anonymous
Unregistered

Mine was a Howard combo organ about 34 years ago Stiil have it too!

#2138 - 08/17/03 08:13 PM Re: What was your first keybaord?
3351 Offline

Loc: Toronto, Canada.
For me it all started with 2-01 "DIGITAL NATIVE DANCE" and "BUZZ RISE".

My first two keyboards were Yamaha DX7 (Middle name and Roland D50.
It was back in 1988 when i came across them in a little music store. I bought them the same day, just after a few minutes of checking them out. Even though they were very different machines, together they produced very impressive sounds (especially when layered or overdubbed ). I also found that eventually it was almost unimaginable to use one without another. DX and D50 took care of most 1980's sounds and to my opinion were the best! I still have them and believe it or not, I still use them too (with a bit of FX of coarse). I programmed the two to death - my sound library is H U G E !
And even though I have a lot of other synths and a big recording studio; there's just something about D50 pads and DX punchy, metallic textures that keeps me coming back for more! I also think that they are the most reliable, well-built keyboards ever made. They are still (after over a decade of being heavily used) in perfect shape. No wonder big bands like "Rush" still use them on their tours!

#2139 - 08/17/03 08:18 PM Re: What was your first keybaord?
Sesom163 Offline

hmmm, Panasonic KZ 450; still up and played occasionally, mmmmm memories

#2140 - 08/17/03 09:08 PM Re: What was your first keybaord?
sk880user Offline

Loc: United States
Casio arranger and I was initially very excited. It did not last for long for I find out later that I needed something else. Then I switched to yamaha and that truly brought joy to the whole family. Then another yamaha keyboard and finally sk880 which was one reliable workstation that has been used professionally for recording and performance for long time. I might buy another keyboard... who knows.

Page 3 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >

Moderator:  Admin, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online