SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Topic Options
#210672 - 03/31/05 11:30 AM Help! My G70 not play keyboard and styles, only songs and harmonizer
ailev Offline

Loc: Moscow, Russia
Today I turn on my G70 but it keep silence when I try play arranger or organ or piano. It only play songs and harmonizer. All indication and switchings is working properly (when playing styles it show chords, count bars and blinking LED on buttons -- that is keys is recognizable). But no sound at all -- exept from microphone and songs player.

Mixer settings all OK (I am not change it).

OS vesion 1.06

I tried execute "factory reset" -- no results.

Before I discover this behavior I only send 5MB of brazilian styles to proper directory via USB and successfully execute StyleFinder. But when I try to play with this (and then any) styles and then sipmly piano -- I fail.

What I can do now?

#210673 - 03/31/05 01:17 PM Re: Help! My G70 not play keyboard and styles, only songs and harmonizer
Fran Carango Offline

Loc: Levittown, Pa, USA
Ailev, check your balance setting[slider or knob].

#210674 - 03/31/05 01:23 PM Re: Help! My G70 not play keyboard and styles, only songs and harmonizer
freddynl Offline

Loc: netherlands
I don't have a G70 yet, but it looks like it's midi only, which means the G could have a setting possibillity which could look like,
local, midi only, both
Cheque midi set up settings!

#210675 - 03/31/05 11:15 PM Re: Help! My G70 not play keyboard and styles, only songs and harmonizer
Phantom75 Offline

Loc: Italy
Sorry if it can seem a silly suggestion, but do you have an expression pedal connected to the G70?
If so remove or move it...and try again

Regards,
Rival

#210676 - 03/31/05 11:34 PM Re: Help! My G70 not play keyboard and styles, only songs and harmonizer
ailev Offline

Fran Carango: balance is not a matter -- style or voices was aloud, but is was silence with both.

freddynl: midi is in "local on" -- if not it was not chord recognition worked.

Phantom75: yes, you are really from Roland here in SZ!!! I am not touched sustain switch for months (since mid january), but (as I can guess) my 2year and 10 month old son changed socket from sustain switch to expression pedal. I return back this wrong connection -- and all go work fine! Thank you so much! If you indeed work at Roland: there are simple give warnings on a screen in such situation in next OS version.

#210677 - 04/01/05 12:01 AM Re: Help! My G70 not play keyboard and styles, only songs and harmonizer
Phantom75 Offline

Yes...in my dream ...also because the Roland italian factory is not far away from my town (I've sent them a curriculum, I'm actually a software engineer, but no response 'till now ;( )

...and for the suggestion, you have to say thanks to my friend's(a dealer) experience, I suppose it happened tons of time in his shop and he immediately pointed the problem...even if he told me about the expression pedal in the Up position, that I think is the same as connecting a footswitch in the expression pedal socket.

Regards,
Rival

#210678 - 04/01/05 12:20 AM Re: Help! My G70 not play keyboard and styles, only songs and harmonizer
ailev Offline

Shure, "thanks to Rival's experienced friend"!

I was software engeneer 20 years ago, today I am plain policy adviser here in Russia and play arrangers only as a hobby.

And thanks to Marcos from Brazil for true (not "Made in Europe") brasilian styles.

SZ is the best arranger forum in the Net! It solve all my problems quickier and better than any vendor's support service...

#210679 - 04/01/05 12:58 AM Re: Help! My G70 not play keyboard and styles, only songs and harmonizer
o3bor Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by ailev:
SZ is the best arranger forum in the Net! It solve all my problems quickier and better than any vendor's support service...

"That's what forums are for"

Rival, would you let me know your e-mail address (send me an e-mail)? I'm from Italy too and, I guess, not far from you.

#210680 - 04/01/05 12:19 PM Re: Help! My G70 not play keyboard and styles, only songs and harmonizer
Phantom75 Offline

Hi o3bor (anzi ciao o3bor!)
now you've got it, i've done my mail visible (I suppose...but why I didn't it before.. )
glad if you write me by e-mail...
ps: are you going to Rimini Disma show at April's end? may be we can meet there
or before if possible

Bye,
Rival

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online