SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Topic Options
#210658 - 08/24/04 05:14 PM PSR3000 glitches that PSR2100 didn't have
Beakybird Offline

1. The organ flute volumes are too low. You need to use both R1 & R2 at full volume to do a solo.

2. Pressing BREAK and then a Style Variation button (A, B, C, D) you don't get an auto fill in, even if auto fill in is pressed. The resulting sound is poor. I really dislike this.

3. If you accidentally press the wrong ending, too bad. You have to wait until the end to change endings. Of course, that is too late. When I choose the wrong ending, it feels like I got onto the wrong highway, and there's nothing I can do about it until the next exit.

Otherwise, loving my PSR3000.

Beakybird

#210659 - 08/24/04 06:06 PM Re: PSR3000 glitches that PSR2100 didn't have
travlin'easy Offline

Loc: Forest Hill, MD USA
Larry,

I never use the organ flutes, so I can't provide any information on those.

As for the break/auto fill, it works correctly if you press any of the fills other than the variation you are currently working with.

As to the miss-endings, press ending II or III, then hit ending I (fill & hit ending) and the keyboard will revert to that one with no problem.

Gary

K+E=W (Knowledge Plus Experience = Wisdom.)

#210660 - 08/25/04 10:28 AM Re: PSR3000 glitches that PSR2100 didn't have
Beakybird Offline

Gary thanks for your post.

Do other PSR3000 owners who used to own the PSR2100/2000 notice that the organ flute volumes are too low?

OK, so if you want to go from a break to a variation, you have to choose any variation but the one you're working with. This is different from the PSR2000/2100 and probably the Tyros. I consider this to be a glitch.

So you can't go from ending 2 to ending 3 or ending 3 to ending 2. This is also different from past keyboards. The workaround, we now know thanks to Gary, is: If you accidentally pressed ending 3 and want to change to ending 2, press ending 1 first and then immediately press ending 2.

Thanks Gary

#210661 - 08/25/04 01:20 PM Re: PSR3000 glitches that PSR2100 didn't have
YamahaUS1 Offline

Loc: Buena Park, CA, USA
1. The organ flute volumes are too low. You need to use both R1 & R2 at full volume to do a solo.

This is not a glitch. There is a volume control in the sound creator, set it where you like it.

2. Pressing BREAK and then a Style Variation button (A, B, C, D) you don't get an auto fill in, even if auto fill in is pressed. The resulting sound is poor. I really dislike this.

This is probably not a glitch, but I will pass along your comments.

3. If you accidentally press the wrong ending, too bad. You have to wait until the end to change endings. Of course, that is too late. When I choose the wrong ending, it feels like I got onto the wrong highway, and there's nothing I can do about it until the next exit.

Definitely not a glitch. The 2100 didn't even have the three ending buttons, so it doesnt relate. Tyros behaves exactly the same. Changing styles on the fly and in particular endings is complex and so the programmers made rules to avoid really bad sounds. Its a good thing.

[This message has been edited by YamahaUS1 (edited 08-25-2004).]

#210662 - 08/25/04 02:44 PM Re: PSR3000 glitches that PSR2100 didn't have
Beakybird Offline

Thank you Steve for your reply. I really appreciate your enlightening us plebians.

The organ flute voices should be the same volume as the panel organ voices, IMO. One shouldn't have to create a USER voice just to get a decent volume, but I am prepared to do this, and I welcome your recommendation.

Thanks for offering to pass along the BREAK to FILL on the same variation.

Thank you for pointing out my error about changing endings. One thing, the only good thing about the PSR2100 only having one intro and ending button, is that you could save a style with your preferred default intro or ending, and then you wouldn't make the mistake of pressing the wrong button, because there was only one button to press.

I'm happy that I have pointed to the workaround for this which is to PRESS Ending A and then the Ending B or C.

One question, however, why can you easily switch from INTRO C to INTRO B and you cannot switch from ENDING C to ENDING B without waiting for the ending to play out?

Beakybird

#210663 - 08/25/04 06:19 PM Re: PSR3000 glitches that PSR2100 didn't have
keybplayer Offline

Loc: CA
Quote:
Originally posted by Beakybird:

One question, however, why can you easily switch from INTRO C to INTRO B and you cannot switch from ENDING C to ENDING B without waiting for the ending to play out?

Beakybird

I've wondered the same thing.

There is a workaround though. When an Ending is pressed i.e. A, B, C - and it is doing its thing, you can press one of the Variation buttons to 'escape' from the Ending and the Keyboard returns to the Style accompaniment mode. You can then press one of the other Endings (the one you thought you wanted when you pressed the wrong one ). There is a small delay between the pressing of a Variation and then pressing the 'appropriate' Ending button of your choice but with a little finesse it can be done in a near seamless manner. It can even add a little flair to an existing Ending - [the 'right' one of course].

Best regards,
Mike

#210664 - 08/25/04 08:50 PM Re: PSR3000 glitches that PSR2100 didn't have
TomTomSF Offline

Loc: Half Moon Bay, CA, USA
Hi Larry

I have found the organ voices on my Tyros to be much too loud. I like the volume level of the Organ Flutes much better. In fact, I always turn down the Organ voice presets to about 70-80. Otherwise they sound completely overpowering to my ears. Each to their own, I guess!

Tom G.

#210665 - 08/26/04 06:11 AM Re: PSR3000 glitches that PSR2100 didn't have
Marilyn Boissoneault Offline

Loc: Melbourne, Florida, USA
I guess we all have different likes and dislikes. I like the default volumes on the Organ Flutes on the PSR3000. I always thought they were way too loud and harsh on the PSR2100. I know you can adjust them but other sounds always were at a good level, then if I picked one of those, BOOM! I was very happy to find the volumes were set at a lower level on the new 3000.

My only dislike so far on the PSR3000 is the removal of the Harmony button, but I was aware of that before I bought it.

Marilyn

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online