SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Topic Options
#209800 - 11/28/01 02:51 PM PSR2000: STRANGE Analmolies ! (I'm seeing lights)
Scottyee Offline

Loc: San Francisco Bay Area, CA, US...
A couple of days ago I first noticed that both the ACMP and SyncStart button lights were in the off position status (red light off) when the PSR2000 is initally booted up. It was a real pain in the butt to have to always remember to turn them on manually before playing the keyboard.

Starting yesterday (a miracle occured . . I think I see angels ), these two buttons are now ON when I initially boot up the keyboard. Is there a setting somewhere on the PSR2000 which allows you to set the default status of these buttons when the keyboard is initally turned on? If there is, I certainly can't FIND it. I'm curious.What is the status of these buttons when YOU turn on your 2000's?

On another note: Foot pedal 1 &2 assignments are not retained when the keyboard is turned off. It always go back to the factory default, pedal 1: sustain, and pedal 2: volume. The only way to save & recall your custom settings is to store it in a Registration Bank Memory. I just wish that Yamaha would allow us to store our own keyboard default settings and have these come up automatically when the keyboard is first booted up. Yamaha, are you listening?

[This message has been edited by Scottyee (edited 11-28-2001).]

#209801 - 11/28/01 06:53 PM Re: PSR2000: STRANGE Analmolies ! (I'm seeing lights)
Eric, B Offline

Loc: Ventura, Ca, USA
Hi Scott,
they same happens with the Pro. It is no biggi for me. I put all the settings that I want in memory bank 1 #1. On start up I just got used to hit button #1, and all my settings are there.
I know it is one more step, but I hope you might find this useful.

Eric

#209802 - 11/28/01 07:22 PM Re: PSR2000: STRANGE Analmolies ! (I'm seeing lights)
Guardman2001 Offline

Loc: USA
Hey Scott, mine seem to be off when I boot up. Can you tell me why, when I play a G7sus4, (G,C,F)when in auto accomp mode I get a
Eb 6(9)? My other keyboards including the psr740, all play the G7sus4. I've tried different fingering modes.

#209803 - 11/28/01 09:18 PM Re: PSR2000: STRANGE Analmolies ! (I'm seeing lights)
Mike H Offline

Loc: Homer AK
guardman 2001

Under the 'rootless' chord scheme that Scott is often referring to - GCF may well be recognized as an Eb6/9 chord - since C is the 6 and F is the 9 of E flat. I'm guessing that the 7sus4 will not be recognized as such without playing the D (the fifth) along with the GCF.

Mike H

#209804 - 11/28/01 10:36 PM Re: PSR2000: STRANGE Analmolies ! (I'm seeing lights)
Scottyee Offline

I just solved this PSR2000 button 'status light' mystery that has really been baffling me.

This is on the subject of WHICH of the arranger function button's red lights light up after initial keyboard startup. This whole issue came up when I noticed that sometimes the ACMP red light came on upon startup and then others times it didn't. This may seem like a real trivial matter to some , but I guess I've always had an inquiring mind (no, I don't read THAT newspaper ) and love to figure out the what and why of everything.

Apparently you 'CAN' save the ACMP, Auto Fill -in, OTS link, and Sync Start button status and have the PSR2000 reflect this status at startup, but it seems to be setup a bit differently than on the PSR9000 or 9000pro. On the PSR2000, although the settings are set when you intiate a Registration Memory save command, making sure the 'style' box is checked, the settings themselves are not actually stored in the Registration Memory file (and can't be recalled there either) , but it's instead stored somewhere else (some kind of place like startup settings or something). Another discovery: the ACMP & Sync Start button status lights are linked to the 'OTS link' button. If you press the 'OTS link" button, both the ACMP & Sync Start button lights will come on. To have your keyboard start with the ACMP button light ON, you MUST press the 'OTS link' button which will light up the ACMP & Sync Start buttons as well. The 'auto fill' button status is saved independently. Once you got the buttons set to on/off as you like, then just hit memory (and make sure that the style parameter is checked) and select any memory button (1-8). You do not have to actually save the Registration Memory at all. For some reason just performing the last two steps puts these keyboard startup preferences into some kind of mysterious startup memory location in the keyboard. You can now turn off the keyboard and after turning it back on, you will have the button status appear as memorized. Mystery solved. I'm sure there will be plenty more PSR2000 mysteries (not covered in the manual) to conquer, but I'm just having a ball playing and performing on the PSR2000.

#209805 - 11/28/01 11:11 PM Re: PSR2000: STRANGE Analmolies ! (I'm seeing lights)
Scottyee Offline

oops. I need to amend what I said in my previous posting:

The PSR2000 actually 'automatically' memorizes the arranger button status settings from what was set before the last kebyoard shutdown. You Do'nt need to activate memory via Registsration Memory command like I previously had thought. Here's the trick though. If you want to change the ACMP button status light (on/off) upon initial keyboard bootup, you MUST press the 'OTS Link' button and turn that on/off too, because these buttons are directly linked. If you just change the status of the ACMP button and not the OTS link, the new ACMP button status will NOT be memorized. The 'OTS Link" button also controls and links the Sync Start button as well. Basically the OTS Link, ACMP , & Sync Start buttons go together on/off as a team. If the OTS Link button is on/off, the other two will share the same status too. I think this makes sense now. I think it's time for me to get some rest

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online