SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Topic Options
#209786 - 07/09/05 01:23 PM Hello again - its been awhile for me!
girljam Offline

Loc: FL
Hello to all - It's good to see the old names, and new ones too. I used to be registered, but life changes - new state, new computer, new isp, new everything, and had to re-register to get on the board again!
It was with wonderful assistance and encouragment I received here, that I purchased my PSR2100 almost 2 yrs ago, then abruptly moved to Florida, where I got up the nerve to start my own small band!
Unfortunately, my "partner", another woman who sang and played guitar, almost got us thrown out of a few places with her non stop drunkenness, and lewd behavior - ugh!! We did quite well for a while, but I had to put an end to it! I luckily have been contacted by some of the places we played, and asked if I'm "going solo" . . . to put it nicely!
It's going to take some work, re-arranging alot of what I had, and adding many new songs too.
I'm still playing on the 2100, but certainly eyeing the 3000 - looks like a beauty, and I love reading the comments posted here.
Any other OMB folks playing anywhere in the Tampa FL area?? Any other female OMB acts on these boards? I'd love to hear your experiences!

Jill

PSR S970, PSR S910, ShureSM57 mics, and way too much misc.

#209787 - 07/09/05 03:39 PM Re: Hello again - its been awhile for me!
Dnj Offline

Go Solo & dont look back.....!!

Good Luck

#209788 - 07/09/05 03:59 PM Re: Hello again - its been awhile for me!
girljam Offline

Thanks for the support Donny - i appreciate it -
I think we were the only female band that played anywhere near here - and I'm sure that was part of the draw, but we did play good together and had great harmonies, and people really seemed to like the music . . . my ex partner was responsible for most of the bookings (and the alcohol consumption!:mad and quite frankly, I don't even want to play at a few of the places we played before . . .

It's a rainy night here with the hurricane out in the gulf, so I'm spending the night putting together a new song list . . .

Jill

#209789 - 07/09/05 04:36 PM Re: Hello again - its been awhile for me!
Nigel Offline
Admin

Loc: Ventura CA USA
It sounds like you are much better off going solo Jill. It sounded like your old partner wasn't worth the headaches it caused even if the harmonies were good. By the way was your old username jillhumb ? I'll delete that if it was and you are now using girljam instead. No point in having dead user records lying around.

[This message has been edited by Nigel (edited 07-09-2005).]

#209790 - 07/09/05 04:43 PM Re: Hello again - its been awhile for me!
girljam Offline

Yes it was, Nigel, and thank you so much!!
Here's to going solo!!

Jill

#209791 - 07/09/05 06:31 PM Re: Hello again - its been awhile for me!
travlin'easy Online   happy

Loc: Forest Hill, MD USA
Jill,

Solo is the only way to go. The paydays are better, no worries about other performers showing up on time, and you get to write off all the expenses. The only downside is you get to purchase and carry all the equipment, and of course, you bear the entire brunt of the expenses as well.

Good Luck,

Gary

------------------
Travlin' Easy

K+E=W (Knowledge Plus Experience = Wisdom.)

#209792 - 07/09/05 06:46 PM Re: Hello again - its been awhile for me!
girljam Offline

well, 3 more reasons to go it solo
1. She never showed up on time
2. All the equipment is MINE anyway
3. My husband and I always set up and broke down and transported everything . . .

I tried to get together with a guitar playing guy, great voice, great guy - unfortunately, we could only play what his wife deemed was what SHE wanted to hear that night, regardless of what we could play, or what type of audience was out there . . .

Thanks Gary, because you are helping me feel much better about my decision. I know i will have tough times and hard work ahead, but at least I know I only have to count on ME!!

Thanks again for the support - i'm sure i'll be posting alot of questions, as I feel like i'm having to re-learn some areas of psr2001 again, for solo play . . . i.e. vocal harmonizer, my split points, fingered versus full keyboard playing, yada yada . . oy . . .

Jill

#209793 - 07/09/05 06:52 PM Re: Hello again - its been awhile for me!
Dnj Offline

Jill get Rock & Roller Kart too makes it very easy to move your stuff in one shot! Its a Must have in this business!

http://www.rocknrollercart.com/

#209794 - 07/09/05 07:41 PM Re: Hello again - its been awhile for me!
girljam Offline

Is that cart ordered directly from the distributor, or are there dealers out there?
thanks!

Jill

#209795 - 07/09/05 09:11 PM Re: Hello again - its been awhile for me!
Dnj Offline

Its sold at many dealers just do a google search on the internet, many dealers carry them. They make a few models...I use the R-10

[This message has been edited by Dnj (edited 07-09-2005).]

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online