SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Topic Options
#209557 - 10/24/03 08:19 AM Pa1X
New Yorker Offline

Loc: St. Petersburg, Russia
I wonder till what year (or century) we have to wait till Korg and others will include arpeggiator??? I know Casio did a few years ago but I'd prefer to have it in Tyros or PA or Genesys. They shouldn't call anything "pro" without this important feature. I think this is one of the features that keeps pro musicians from buying arrangers. Stupid for companies not to innclude it and I'm pissed!

#209558 - 10/24/03 08:47 AM Re: Pa1X
squeak_D Offline

Loc: West Virginia
I have to agree with you on that one. You're right too.. Casio had them on the MZ-2000.. Even though there were like only 15 of them, it was still a nice addition. I'm surprised they're not showing up more in arrangers too. I remember the original DJX had some as well. You can do some pretty wild stuff with them if you know how to program. I sure did love the ones on my old Roland XP-60

Squeak
GEAR: Yamaha MOXF-6, Casio MZX-500, Roland Juno-Di, M-Audio Venom, Roland RS-70, Yamaha PSR S700, M-Audio Axiom Pro-61 (Midi Controller). SOFTWARE: Mixcraft-7, PowerTracks Pro Audio 2013, Beat Thang Virtual, Dimension Le.

#209559 - 10/24/03 09:10 AM Re: Pa1X
Bluezplayer Offline

Loc: Catskill Mountains, NY
The MZ had a few of them but they were very limited. Still, the concept was good I think and was something to build upon. I see the Yamaha multipads as being "quasi" arps. You can build user ones relatively easilybut they too are a little limited in that you can't change the octave split point. Still, they are a ton better than what was on the3 PA80. The PA80's are somewhat useful when I assign them as realtime controllers, but useless for musical phrases.

The arp function on the Motif ES is more useful to me because you can adjust the way the notes play back simply by adjusting fingering, and you can adjust other parameters on the fly while playing them depending on how they are set up. User arps are easy to do and are useful. The arps can be set up to recognize fingering structure and follow notes in the order you play them, or they can be set up to follow a fixed chord progression, like a piece from an arrange pattern. Drum arps can be set up to play fixed notes. Also arps can be set up without notes and just for effects, such as hammer pulls, bend up or down.. etc. They are very useful to me.

I'd be pretty surprised ( pleasantly I might add ) if any arranger were to feature something similar in the near future.

AJ

#209560 - 10/24/03 11:16 AM Re: Pa1X
New Yorker Offline

Loc: St. Petersburg, Russia
Yeppers. I wonder why this feature is fully dropped! I thought this new Korg would have it and yet - no sign of it. Shame!

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online