SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Topic Options
#208906 - 09/19/05 04:06 PM Tyros 2: Chord Sequencer?
RolandIceland Offline

Loc: Reykjavik, Iceland
Do you know if TYROS 2 will have a chord sequencer? This is a "must" feature and it is my opinion that the Roland G-70 is badly faulted as it does not have a chord sequencer. For those who know TYROS 2, please inform me (and others) if this is included in the TYROS 2 keyboard. Thanks!

#208907 - 09/19/05 04:49 PM Re: Tyros 2: Chord Sequencer?
Scottyee Offline

Loc: San Francisco Bay Area, CA, US...
RolandIceland: Both Tyros1 & Tyros2 include a dedicated 'step record style' chord sequencer:

Digital Recording > Song Creator > CHD

"This feature makes it possible to record Style playback chord changes one at a time with precise timing. Since the changes don't have to be entered in real time, it's easy to create comlex chord changes and accomp before recording the melody."

Scott

#208908 - 09/19/05 05:08 PM Re: Tyros 2: Chord Sequencer?
Fran Carango Offline

Loc: Levittown, Pa, USA
Yamaha does not have the realtime chord sequencer that the previous Roland's had..
I would not be surprized if Roland adds the chord sequencer via software update..
The Roland E600 had this touch screen only function for chord sequencer..

Thankfully, I still have the "King" of chord sequencing[?]..
BTW, I don't know of any other manufacturer, with a legitament realtime chord sequencer..

#208909 - 09/19/05 05:38 PM Re: Tyros 2: Chord Sequencer?
Fran Carango Offline

Rolandiceland..I think the G70 has sort of a chord sequencer , like the VA series..they call it second track..you lay down the chords the first time thru and then it repeats...Maybe the Yamaha is simular, but not in realtime[steptime like Scott mentioned]..

The G1000 is way more flexible with it's chord sequencer design..

#208910 - 09/19/05 06:08 PM Re: Tyros 2: Chord Sequencer?
Scottyee Offline

Loc: San Francisco Bay Area, CA, US...
Not sure what your definition of chord sequencing is, but you can record auto-accomp chords in real time (in realtime sequencer mode) with the Yammy keyboards as well. The only problem with this method is you're not able to easily change the chords later. - Scott

[This message has been edited by Scottyee (edited 09-19-2005).]

#208911 - 09/19/05 08:42 PM Re: Tyros 2: Chord Sequencer?
Fran Carango Offline

Scott, with the G1000, you can play the arranger and at any time, engage the chord sequencer..it will record the changes, in real time, allowing you to re-trigger the chord sequence[looped]..you can change the style,tempo, variations, fills etc..
While continuing play, re-record another chord sequence[what ever lenght you want], push the chord sequencer start button again..and you are good to go....all this without any hesitation or saving of the chord sequence..But, if you like, chord sequences can be saved for quick loading in the future..

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online