SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Topic Options
#208813 - 09/17/05 11:08 PM Jamstix - Drum Arranger software
Nigel Offline
Admin

Loc: Ventura CA USA
I have been talking to friends using the Jamstix VSTi plugin for drum tracks and have been getting excellent reports on the results. It is a drum arranger and can be used in the studio or live with predictable MIDI controlled results.

[This message has been edited by Nigel (edited 09-17-2005).]

#208814 - 09/18/05 01:07 AM Re: Jamstix - Drum Arranger software
ocomain Offline

Nigel,

Many thanks for the link to this great program!

Take care,

Michael

#208815 - 09/18/05 01:35 AM Re: Jamstix - Drum Arranger software
ocomain Offline

Oh my God!!! This is what I've been looking for in that you can play keys or guitar in free jam mode...and the drums respond according to the velocity of played notes, as well as other parameters. Lots of demos on the Downloads page. Fantastic stuff!!!

Again, thank you Nigel!!!

Michael

#208816 - 09/18/05 01:48 AM Re: Jamstix - Drum Arranger software
Nigel Offline
Admin

Loc: Ventura CA USA
I haven't had a chance to try the demo myself yet but intend to do that very soon. If you try the demo and have any comments on the results I'd be very interested to hear them. This sounds like the sort of software all of us "non-drummers" have been waiting for.

#208817 - 09/18/05 08:15 AM Re: Jamstix - Drum Arranger software
trtjazz Offline

I have twice tried this demo after hearing what bluzeplayer had said about it. It sounded to me like exactly what I wanted, being very frustrated with not being able to get the drums I wanted for my tunes. The concept about playing along in free mode and having it jam along made my socks roll up and down.

Unfortunately though I was disappointed with both goes at it. Perhaps I expected more, didn't grasp it well enough, I'm not sure which or both.

For me I think using something like Acid, drums from styles, my Fantom or BIAB for my drums works better and is more straight forward.

I really would like to have something like this though. Could be I just didn't use it properly each time.

------------------
jam on,
Terry
http://www.musicchops.com/forums/

#208818 - 09/18/05 03:36 PM Re: Jamstix - Drum Arranger software
rikkisbears Offline

Loc: NSW,Australia
Hi Nigel,
I think Bluzeplayer, has been using it. He wrote about it a while back on the forum.

best wishes
Rikki

Quote:
Originally posted by Nigel:
I haven't had a chance to try the demo myself yet but intend to do that very soon. If you try the demo and have any comments on the results I'd be very interested to hear them. This sounds like the sort of software all of us "non-drummers" have been waiting for.

Korg PA5X 88 note
SX900
Band in a Box 2022

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online