SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Topic Options
#208423 - 11/04/03 04:55 AM Re: Style compatability Tyros/PRO
Graham UK Offline

Loc: Lincolnshire UK
Tony W. We are talking about genuine Yamaha Styles here, not other board conversions which to my mind apart from a selected few are very poor conversions.
All the Yamaha Tyros 2k 21k 209 styles (some new styles between them) I use Michael midiplayer from www.svpworld.com
Just loading a style, select your keyboard (9000) and select PANEL VOICES. Then just save out, it will auto deletes the OTS's and selects the appropriate panel voice. All the styles work to a very high quality without any tweaking. The only exception is the odd Tyros Style that uses the Mega voices. These can also be changed within Midiplayer program. Imported Styles usually have to be increased in volume in the 9000pro mixing panel.accompaniment default is 82. I increase this to 92. The styles can also be increased in volume permanently within Midiplayer program. Hope this is of help to you.

Graham UK

[This message has been edited by Graham UK (edited 11-04-2003).]

#208424 - 11/04/03 09:37 AM Re: Style compatability Tyros/PRO
Tony W Offline

Loc: Lancaster UK
Hi Graham,
Thanks for your reply. I too was talking about Yamaha styles and not other board conversions as I agree there are very few decent ones of those about.

I have used Michael's midiplayer program but after your desciption above I think I have been getting the process wrong!! I did get it to remove the OTS settings but did not select panel voices.

The result was that some will play after a fashion but are not useable and others will juat not load into the Pro at all.....It looks like they are loading from the floppy but when you start the style the previous used style still plays.

I will give your method a shot later tonight and keep my fingers crossed Thanks so much for the advice
Best to you
Tony

------------------
www.tonywmusic.co.uk

#208425 - 11/04/03 09:51 AM Re: Style compatability Tyros/PRO
dlstarry Offline

Loc: MN. U.S.A.
Hi: Graham
I also have used Michael's Midiplayer to delete the OTS & change the voice's, But
I found that after changing the styles with midiplayer that some of them still
wouldn't load in the Pro, & when I run them thru Style Fix they load fine.
So I have been using Style Fix & have not found one that would not load, yet.
Denny

#208426 - 11/04/03 11:31 AM Re: Style compatability Tyros/PRO
Graham UK Offline

Loc: Lincolnshire UK
Tony W. As distarry has found for him StyleFix to be more reliable at removing the OTS, but I have always used successfully Midiplayer because it has other options apart from deleting the OTS. No reason not to use both as the process is very quick.

OTS appears to be the reason a new style from floppy won't load, but the board still plays the previous loaded style.

Graham UK

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online