SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Topic Options
#208144 - 10/17/05 07:51 AM Chords on yamaha keyboards
doc-z Offline

Loc: Norway
If I want to control my DGX styles from my computer, which channel do I output the chords on?

And how do I make a midi file with a chord and lyric track like the demo songs on my keyboard has? Do I need XGworks? Or is there some other kind of software I can use? I have Sonar, will that work?

Doc-Z

#208145 - 10/17/05 03:08 PM Re: Chords on yamaha keyboards
Michael P. Bedesem Offline

Loc: Shrewsbury, VT
I do not know yoyr instrument, but on the PSR, you can identify the chord track in the Midi Receive settings (under Midi Edit)

The chord events and lyrics can be added by PSRUTI (free and still available) or XGworks (neither of the these). Sonar can add lyrics, but not Yamaha Chord events. In fact, it removes them when it loads a file.

Regards,

Michael

#208146 - 10/17/05 03:43 PM Re: Chords on yamaha keyboards
rikkisbears Offline

Loc: NSW,Australia
Hi Doc,
I never had any luck identifying the chord channel. I was trying to use Jos's chord player program, but without success,if you happen to find out which one it is could you please let me know. http://www.1manband.nl/chordplayer/index.htm
I've used jos's Busker program & OMB quite successfully with the DGX, but that one eluded me, I tried all 16 channels, the only other thing I could think of was that maybe my midi settings weren't correct.

best wishes
Rikki
[QUOTE]Originally posted by doc-z:
[B]If I want to control my DGX styles from my computer, which channel do I output the chords on?

Korg PA5X 88 note
SX900
Band in a Box 2022

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online