SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Topic Options
#208039 - 06/03/05 08:37 AM I thought Yammie had the rights to "Sweet" title on voices????
squeak_D Offline

Loc: West Virginia
I thought Yammie had the rights on the title of "Sweet, Cool, and Live voices." I just watched a Demo for the new Korg PA1X. I noticed in the Demo when they showed a screen shot that a voice was titled "Sweet Tenor Sax".

Squeak

[This message has been edited by squeak_D (edited 06-03-2005).]
GEAR: Yamaha MOXF-6, Casio MZX-500, Roland Juno-Di, M-Audio Venom, Roland RS-70, Yamaha PSR S700, M-Audio Axiom Pro-61 (Midi Controller). SOFTWARE: Mixcraft-7, PowerTracks Pro Audio 2013, Beat Thang Virtual, Dimension Le.

#208040 - 06/03/05 12:18 PM Re: I thought Yammie had the rights to "Sweet" title on voices????
Fran Carango Offline

Loc: Levittown, Pa, USA
Squeak , I don't think Yamaha has any copyrights to adjectives describing a sound..Maybe a Pronown description like "Yamaha sweet sax"[if they ever sample one!!]...I still can't get over that XG alto on the PSR...yuck..

#208041 - 06/04/05 12:03 AM Re: I thought Yammie had the rights to "Sweet" title on voices????
bogbrush Offline

Loc: Basingstoke, UK
Maybe it's because YAMAHA own KORG!

Keith

#208042 - 06/04/05 02:35 AM Re: I thought Yammie had the rights to "Sweet" title on voices????
Beakybird Offline

They probably have the trademark on Sweet!, Cool!, Live!, and Natural!, but only with the exclamation mark before the instrument name.

I can't wait until they start moving into sound effects with these excellent voices. Then we will have a Sweet! Burp, a Cool! Scream!, a Live! Pig, and a Natural! Fart.

Beakybird

#208043 - 06/06/05 02:01 AM Re: I thought Yammie had the rights to "Sweet" title on voices????
Irishacts Offline

Loc: Ireland
Quote:
Maybe it's because YAMAHA own KORG!

Yamaha don’t own Korg.

And as for the name of the sound, as was said above. You cannot copyright a description of a sound.

But for what it’s worth, my old Korg Wavestation SR has a patch on it called Sweet Tenor Sax.

Regards.
Sharp.

[This message has been edited by Irishacts (edited 06-06-2005).]

#208044 - 06/06/05 02:10 PM Re: I thought Yammie had the rights to "Sweet" title on voices????
R-F Offline

Loc: Berlin/ Germany
Quote:
Originally posted by Beakybird:
I can't wait until they start moving into sound effects with these excellent voices. Then we will have a Sweet! Burp, a Cool! Scream!, a Live! Pig, and a Natural! Fart.

Sorry, but Cool! means sounds from electric instruments, so you can get a Sweet! Crying, a Cool! 60Hz Hum, a Live! Sheep and a Natural! Dog Barking.

------------------
Regards
RF

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online