Hi Guys;

I'm new to the electronic music making scene. I've learned a lot in the past year but I'm only scraping barrel bottom.

I have a Korg is50 WorkStation that I am using to write my own songs and create backing sequences. There are some limitations when it comes to creating my own music. I would like to be able to create my tracks using rhythm and finger picking styles of guitar and loop the patterns instead of having to write each measure note by note( I'm not that good at realtime recording) It would also be nice to have some preprogrammed patterns and riffs.

My problem is, I don't know enough about what is out there to know what to purchase and living in a small town, there are no music stores here that stock these instruments. Can anyone give me some help on what is available that will accomplish what I am wanting to do? I have been reading up on the Oberheim Strummer and Cyclone as well as Gibsons Echoplex machine. Would these units suffice? What about a sequencer such as the Yamah QY70 (I know, this isn't Oberheim)

I am mainly interested in the Oberheim Strummer at the moment and what I basically want to do is be able to take my Korg play a few bars of a pattern, or possibly use a preprogrammed pattern, and then loop it and be able to insert it anywhere in the song or let it run as long as I need it too.

I would appreciate any help or advice.

Thanks.

Kenny James