SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Topic Options
#207415 - 05/02/03 10:22 PM YAMAHA has announced PSR2100/1100's function specifications
sylion Offline

#207416 - 05/02/03 10:56 PM Re: YAMAHA has announced PSR2100/1100's function specifications
Scott Langholff Online   content

Loc: Pensacola, Florida, USA

#207417 - 05/03/03 07:03 AM Re: YAMAHA has announced PSR2100/1100's function specifications
Pilot Offline

Loc: Ontario,Canada
Looks like the spec for the 2000 - what's new?

#207418 - 05/03/03 08:17 AM Re: YAMAHA has announced PSR2100/1100's function specifications
Bob Gelman Offline

Loc: Berkeley, CA
Read the bottom part of this rough translation. Not a PSR-2000! Bob

Yamaha electronic piano/keyboard sight

Piano top

Electronic piano

PSR-2100
\160,000

Appeal point

Commodity photograph

Timbre accompaniment built-in tune

The number of size keyboards

Functional specifications chart

Accessory option

PSR-1100
\120,000

PSR-550
\80,000

DGX-500
\88,000

DD-55
\38,000

Piano top > Advanced keyboard > PSR-2100 > Functional specifications chart > Specifications chart

Specifications chart

Keyboard The number of keyboards 61
Type -
Keyboard size Regular
Touch control Touch response sensitivity, touch sense being attached
Sound source AWM stereo sampling
Sound source format XG, XF and GM (system level 1)
The maximum number of simultaneous pronunciations 64
Timbre The quantity of timbre 338 + 480 (XG) + 16 (drum kit)
Timbre group -
Related function -
Editing function Sound creator
Effect Reverberation: 32 (pre-setting 29, user 3), chorus: 28 (pre-setting 25, user 3), DSP1: 167 (pre-setting 164, user 3), DSP2,3,4: 98 (pre-setting 88, user 10), master equalizer and part equalizer, harmony: 17
Microphone function Vocal harmony: 59 (pre-setting 49, user 10)
The number of built-in tunes 32
Accompaniment The number of styles 197
Style group -
Accompaniment control -
Finger ring Single finger, フィンガード, フィンガードオンベース and multiple finger, AI フィンガード, full keyboard and AI full keyboard
Style sound recording -
Sound recording playback The number of sound recording tracks/trucks 16
The number of sound recording tunes/record medium 1524K byte
Display function Lyric indication and 譜 surface indication
Playback control -
Playback corresponding software SMF format 0,1
Metronome -
Lesson and game -
Guide -
Cord/code dictionary -
Multiple pad The number of pads 4 pad ×54 banks
Sound recording function - (1524K byte)
Registration memory - (1524K byte)
Automatic setting function One-touch setting, music finder
Setting assistance Direct access
Help -
Related service The ひ it is with the net, ciao
Control Tempo, トランスポーズ and tuning
Wheel Pitch bending and modulation
Pedal Foot switch/foot volume other things
Display The liquid crystal (back light it is attached)
External memory 3.5Inch floppy disk 2HD or 2DD
External connected terminal Head phone, AUX OUT and OUT PUT, pedal, microphone, MIDI IN/OUT and USB
Main amplifier 12W + 12W
Speaker 12cm×2 + 4cm (dome) ×2 and bus reflex
Rated power source Adapter: PA-300
Electric power consumption 45W
Size (width × depth × height) [ mm ] 973×399×161
Weight [ kg ] 105
Accessory Power source adapter PA-300, 譜 surface raising, floppy disk and instruction manual, instruction manual separate volume "data list", guarantee, accessory CD-ROM

Hardware requirement when USB you connect PSR-2100 and the computer

Windows ョ: Corresponding computer: The personal computer which equips the USB terminal, loads the processor of the Intel ョ Pentium ョ /Celeron ョ family of 166 MHz or more
Memory: Above 32MB (above 64MB recommendation)
Hard disk: Being less crowded capacity above 2MB
XP Home Edition/2000/Me/98SE/98
Macintosh ョ: Corresponding computer: The Macintosh ョ computer which equips the USB terminal, loads above PowerPC
Memory: Above 64MB (above 128MB recommendation)
* However, as for virtual memory please do "ardently".
Hard disk: Being less crowded capacity above 2MB
OS: Mac OS 8.6? Mac OS 9.2.2 (Mac as for OS X and Classic environment not yet correspondence)
In addition: OMS 2.3.3 or more (bundled CD-ROM attachment)

The USB host controller where operation was verified (Windows®)
Description below is summary of the USB host controller which verified operation with standard environment.
Because the environment with PC of the customer, there are times when the result changes with the software and the hardware etc. which are used simultaneously, it is not something which operation with the controller which is stated preservation is proven.

* Verification method of USB host controller (in case of Windows® 2000/XP)
Start menu -> (-> setting) -> control panel -> system -> hardware ->
When the device manager -> the USB controller is clicked consecutively, it is indicated.

* Verification method of USB host controller (in case of Windows® 98/98SE/Me)
Micro-computer pewter -> control panel -> system -> device manager ->
When the universal serial bus short story rotor is clicked consecutively, it is indicated.

Intel 82801AA USB Universal Host Controller
Intel 82371AB/EB PCI to USB Universal Host Controller
Intel 82440MX PCI to USB Universal Host Controller
Intel 82801BA/BAM USB Universal Host Controller
Intel 82801 CA/CAM USB Universal Host Controller
Standard universal PCI to USB host controller
SiS 7001 PCI to USB Open Host Controller
OPTi 82C861 PCI to USB Open Host Controller
VIA VT83C572/VT72C586 PCI to USB Universal Host Controller
VIA Tech 3038 PCI to USB Universal Host Controller
VIA Rev 5 or USB universal host controller after the that
VIA USB Universal Host Controller
Ali PCI to USB Open Host Controller
NEC PCI to USB Open Host Controller

(2003 April presently)

* As for operation with the original personal computer, the result differs depending upon the various primary factors because,
Please use in the responsibility of the customer.

Appeal point | Commodity photograph | Timbre accompaniment built-in tune
| The number of size keyboards | Functional specifications chart | Accessory option |
| PSR-2100 top |

Copyright © 2003 YAMAHA CORPORATION. All rights reserved.

Note: This is a computer translation of the original webpage. It is provided for general information only and should not be regarded as complete nor accurate.

#207419 - 05/05/03 01:30 PM Re: YAMAHA has announced PSR2100/1100's function specifications
Joe Waters Offline

Loc: Sterling, VA USA
If you'd like to see the Japanese announcements on these keyboards, go to http://world.altavista.com/ and then enter the URL mentioned in this thread:
http://www.yamaha.co.jp/product/epiano-keyboard/psr-2100/function-spec.html

If you click on this URL directly, you will be taken to the Japanese site. But put the URL into AltaVista's Babel Translation Service, and it will retrieve the page and translate it for you. You can also click on any of the links in the translated version and Babel will get the new link and translate that as well. Thus, you can explore more information about the 2100. But, it is not overly exciting news.

#207420 - 05/07/03 12:29 AM Re: YAMAHA has announced PSR2100/1100's function specifications

Quote from Joe Waters: "But, it is not overly exciting news".

lol

Scott Langholff

#207421 - 05/07/03 10:48 AM Re: YAMAHA has announced PSR2100/1100's function specifications
Joe Waters Offline

Loc: Sterling, VA USA
Now, don't misunderstand, Scott. 2000s are being sold off and the 2100 is the replacement. I'm sure it will still be the best "bank for the buck" in its price range. But upgrading from a 2000 is not a simple slam-dunk decision. The 2000 is already a great keyboard so the incremental improvements may not be worth it. That said, I've got my 2100 on order and will be able to provide more accurate comparisons with the 2000 when it arrives. Not only do I want to keep the psrtutorial site current with the latest keyboard, but I've had my 2000 since they were first introduced and I'm about ready for an upgrade, particularly a relatively inexpensive one.

[This message has been edited by Joe Waters (edited 05-07-2003).]

#207422 - 05/07/03 04:31 PM Re: YAMAHA has announced PSR2100/1100's function specifications

Hi Joe

I understand, its just that the comment struck me funny. Really, looking at a spec sheet never did much for me, its when you can play it yourself, or if someone else like one of us does a review of their impressions, thats what interests me.

I have a suspision that the PSR2100 is going to sound a bunch better, (hard to believe actually), as the PSR2000 is an incredible instrument period.

I have tried the Tyros and it is excellent. I'll bet though we as hobbyist and/or pros the differences in these instruments is more important to us than the general public. I would be willing to bet that the average audience would not know the difference say between the PSR2000, 2100 or the Tyros.

The only thing though is I think I need a hard drive. We know that can be done on the Tyros, as far as the PSR2100 I don't know if anybody really knows for sure yet do they? I emailed Yamaha to see if they could resolve that question for me.

The other possible option is the memory device that Beakybird is going to get. Its supposed to work on the 2k and 2100 plus a bunch of others. If this does work then the 2100 then becomes very inviting sounding.

Scott Langholff

P.S. Joe, your site is terrific, its just keeps getting better. As I am not a great book learner, your simple instructions has helped me many, many times. I believe your site was the decideing factor of me getting a PSR2000 over a PA80 ( what a nighmare their owners manual is), so keep up the great work, and maybe you ought to ask Yamaha to put you on their payroll, and have your website listed in the papers one gets when they purchase their keyboards. Not only are you a great help to those of us who already own one of these, but I am certain, Yamaha has sold a bunch of keyboards because the customer saw your site.

#207423 - 05/07/03 09:23 PM Re: YAMAHA has announced PSR2100/1100's function specifications
Beakybird Offline

Beakybird is going to transfer $197 into a Ukranian bank account tomorrow. The estimated time of arrival for the device is 3 weeks - if it is sent. I know I am taking a gamble.

Apparently, there will be no other external storage option for the PSR2100. The storage system that I am being sold looks like it replaces the floppy drive with a flash drive. I was shown a picture of the device. It doesn't make any sense to me. I will report back to you when I receive the device.

Beakybird

#207424 - 05/07/03 11:04 PM Re: YAMAHA has announced PSR2100/1100's function specifications

Beakybird

Sounds like the German didn't come through with the merchandise? But this is $100 cheaper if I remember correctly, as I've been watching your posts on this with great interest.

One thing I would recommend. Open up a new bank account for this transaction only. That way nobody can take out any more than you want them to.

I hope this works out for you. I suspect that it will. Especially if this guy knows you post on this and other forums, and that he should get more business from the USA if you give good reports.

Is this the first device with the external cord going to a control box, or is the second one you discussed where you will need to get a memory card and has no mechanical parts. I have been trying to figure out how that would work. Does this one not have an external control box?

Also, if you have the time, would you mind emailing me the photo and any specs you might have? I'd really appreciate it.

scott_langholff@yahoo.com

Best

Scott Langholff

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online