SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Topic Options
#2074 - 01/29/07 05:38 AM squeaky keys on Fatar Midi controller
Anonymous
Unregistered

Not sure if this belongs here or not. Please move if not appropriate here.

Just purchased a used Fatar Studio 1100 Master Keyboard Midi controller. It's in awesome shape and everything works fine. About 1/3rd of the keys squeak. Anybody out there know of any ways to stop the squeaking? (other than getting a better controller, but I love the key action on this one and it has 8 zones for midi). Is a Teflon spray safe for it? I'd love to hear what other's have used (if any) to clear up squeaky keys on keyboards. Thanks.

Ken

------------------
Old DJ's don't die, they just require a bit of pitch adjustment.

#2075 - 01/31/07 07:47 PM Re: squeaky keys on Fatar Midi controller
Justin Gazda Offline

Loc: Marietta GA, USA
yeah, but use grease instead and avoid getting ANYTHING on the contacts.

I cant say Ive ever heard of this problem.

Cheers

#2076 - 02/05/07 10:03 PM Re: squeaky keys on Fatar Midi controller
Nigel Offline
Admin

Loc: Ventura CA USA
You should open it first and see if you can tell what is actually making the noise. Then you can decide whether a light lubricant or spray is appropriate or not. If it's a metal on metal hinge then I guess it may be appropriate. I haven't actually heard of that problem on the Fatar.

#2077 - 03/27/07 11:48 PM Re: squeaky keys on Fatar Midi controller
Anonymous
Unregistered

I have exactly the same problem with a Fatar 1100. The keys between c2 and c3 squeak badly. Any advice on how I get to the keys to see the problem welcomed. There appears to be 4 screws on the top which look like the right ones, but am a bit concerned it will all fall apart.
Thanks
Alan LS

Moderator:  Admin, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online