SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Topic Options
#207320 - 01/26/04 01:51 PM Permanent Transpose - Yamaha PSR 740
Nick_M Offline

Loc: Waukesha, WI, USA
I have a Yamaha PSR740 and I am curious if there is any way to permanently transpose a midi song with my keyboard rather than always having to change it manaually everytime I play the song?

I do not have any experience with any midi software, so if this can only be done by software on my PC, please recommend a very simple free software program (if one exists).

Thanks for all your help.

Nick

#207321 - 01/26/04 05:08 PM Re: Permanent Transpose - Yamaha PSR 740
Beakybird Offline

It can't be done on your keyboard. If you email me the software with instructions, I will transpose it for you.

Beakybird

#207322 - 01/27/04 06:44 AM Re: Permanent Transpose - Yamaha PSR 740
Linn Campbell Offline

Loc: Navarre Beach, FL USA
Quote:
Originally posted by Nick_M: Download a copy of Vanbasco's midi player. (it's free and works great) I use it all the time as a midi player hooked up to my 740. Transpose the midi with vanbasco, and save it to your song list. I edit midi files with cakewalk, but transpose with vanbasco because it doesn't seem to trash the patches, and still sounds the same transposed.
I have a Yamaha PSR740 and I am curious if there is any way to permanently transpose a midi song with my keyboard rather than always having to change it manaually everytime I play the song?

I do not have any experience with any midi software, so if this can only be done by software on my PC, please recommend a very simple free software program (if one exists).

Thanks for all your help.

Nick

#207323 - 01/27/04 08:04 AM Re: Permanent Transpose - Yamaha PSR 740
Nick_M Offline

Loc: Waukesha, WI, USA
Beakybird & Lynn,

Thanks for your responses.

Lynn, I just downloaded Vanbasco's midi/karaoke player (version 2.52) and I can see that you can change keys while playing the file but it appears that you can't save the new settings with the file other than in the playlist. On the FAQ section of their website, it says that the original file can not be altered with this program and to use a sequencer like Jazz++. Maybe I'll give Jazz++ a try.

Thanks again for your help.

Nick

#207324 - 01/27/04 10:08 AM Re: Permanent Transpose - Yamaha PSR 740
DonM Offline

Loc: Benton, LA, USA
GNMidi is a great program for this. You can download a trial for free, and the registered version is very inexpensive. Well worth the few bucks.
DonM

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online