SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Topic Options
#207316 - 03/22/06 10:30 AM Tyros 2 midi file adjusting
frankieve Offline

Loc: Milford, CT, USA
The Tyros 2 has a weak midi file playback engine, so I would like to tweak each song, maybe changing sounds, eq. tweaking drums what have you.

Is there an easy way to do this on the tyros or should I use a computer hooked up to the Tyros as a sound generator?

I have a couple of midi playback programs, like PT9, is there a program that allows the user to see all the program names when selecting sounds, I used to be able to do this with Performer for MAc but that has been long since retired.

Also can I set up a set of 128 program sounds that the midi file will go to for gm playback? This way I can select the best sounds from the Tyros or tweked sounds for playback

thanks

#207317 - 03/22/06 11:17 AM Re: Tyros 2 midi file adjusting
Fran Carango Offline

Loc: Levittown, Pa, USA
Why not midi it[Tyros] to an old Roland SC55 sound module!!No tweaking will be needed!!!

#207318 - 03/23/06 03:54 AM Re: Tyros 2 midi file adjusting
MacAllcock Offline

Loc: Preston, Lancashire, England
I'm a PSR3000 owner but....

I always tweak midi files using Sonar on the PC, whilst having the 3k hooked up and used as the playback sound generatos so that when I playback stand-alone on the 3k there are never any surprises. I never use the PC as the playback engine.

The 3k, and I'm sure the Tyros, has an automatic midi file playback voice remap function. You may have to turn this on (it's in the song settings menu somewhere). You can also edit the remap list.

Also you could use the on-board Tyros sequence editor to change the voices; you need to do things in exactly the right order (it uses the mixer pages for update and you must rememnber to save the changes) and I rarely get it right but there are more capable forum members out there who have this sorted and so hopefully may add their own comments!

Hope this helps

John

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online