SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 >
Topic Options
#207235 - 08/03/03 05:22 PM Korg Pa1XPro in all of its Glory..exterior, that is..
Idatrod Offline

Loc: Oceanside, CA USA
Click on this link: http://glenscomputer.tripod.com/misc/pa1xbig.jpg PS: Give it a minute or two to download. It is a little over 400kb.

Okay, so I take it everybody is able to view the pic. Fine and Dandy!!! Now, as I was saying:

The Pa1XPro's button functions are finally revealed to the masses! We can actually see the buttons and what each is assigned to, and to what feature its assignment has.

Look at the Octave Switch on the right side of the Keyboard if you will. How neat that Korg included an Octave Switch on their "76 Key" version. Kudos! Korg. UD should also like the Manual Bass function.

I was saying in my previous post, that I haven't given up all hopes of owning the Pa1X. If Polyphony issues are minor or nonexistent there is a strong possibility I still might go ahead and purchase it. Besides, when playing with my Band I don't use Arranger Functions anyway, ie., Auto Accompaniment, Multi-Pads etc, so Polyphony should not be as much of a concern. (In the Studio is where I can foresee problems with Polyphony because I would be using ALL types of the Arranger Functions on the Pa1X "61 Key version with internal speakers." But playing with my Band I shouldn't run into any problems especially if the Pa1X has excellent Polyphony allocation.

PS: George Kaye said that his Korg Rep told him there would be no Pa1X "61 Key version" sold in the USA, ie., (Korg said they have NO plans to do so at the present time). I find that hard to believe really. The PA60/80 has been a relatively good seller in the USA so you would think that Korg would extend the Pa1X into the USA market as well. I very much expect Korg to do so and I would be very surprised- read: (Jaw Dropping surprised) if they didn't sell (import) the Pa1X into the US Market.

Any way, enjoy the pic.

Best regards,
Mike

#207236 - 08/03/03 09:10 PM Re: Korg Pa1XPro in all of its Glory..exterior, that is..
Dnj Offline

its not working

#207237 - 08/03/03 09:33 PM Re: Korg Pa1XPro in all of its Glory..exterior, that is..
Idatrod Offline

Here Donny, try this link: http://silverhawk33.tripod.com/glenskorgsite/
Click the first link at the top on the page about the Pa1XPro. Like I said the pic is 400kb so you have to give it a minute if you're on a dial-up connection; for it to load.

Best regards,
Mike

#207238 - 08/04/03 02:27 AM Re: Korg Pa1XPro in all of its Glory..exterior, that is..
kbrkr Offline

Loc: Tampa, FL
Poof!!! where's the original message and my reply?

Pa4x - LD Systems Maui 28 - Mackie Thumps

#207239 - 08/04/03 07:23 AM Re: Korg Pa1XPro in all of its Glory..exterior, that is..
Idatrod Offline

I pulled the previous thread because people weren't able to see the pic within the post. So I set it up now to where you just click the Link[s] to view the Pa1XPro pic.

So what are people's reactions now that you can see the minute details of those buttons and what each one is for? Mine is one of WoW!- that Boards' got a boat load of features with plenty of I/O connections on the back! Only 2 Ending buttons though but I'm thinking there may be variable's to the Ending depending on which Variation a person is in when pushing an Ending button. Also, maybe if you press both simultaneously there could be a Fill-Hit Ending like there is on Yammie Boards. At least they're giving the User a "Count-In" 'Intro' which is useful, hopefully there will be a way to trigger a Fill-Hit Ending too. Also notice the Voice and Style Bank. There is two Banks "upper and lower" for Each even though there is only "1" row. That may be a little disconcerting when using the Pa1X/Pro for Live Gigging, in that you have to push a button to 'get' to the correct Bank "then" push another button to get to the correct Style and/or Voice. The LESS button pushing you have to do to enable/disable something the BETTER.

There is also no word on whether the Pa1X/Pro can incorporate "3" Right Hand Voices simultaneously like the Tyros, etc., can. That would be an added bonus for sure if it could.

People's reactions and opinions are welcome.

Best regards,
Mike

#207240 - 08/04/03 07:28 AM Re: Korg Pa1XPro in all of its Glory..exterior, that is..
msutliff Offline

Loc: Cottage Grove, MN, USA
Hello all,

I clipped out the right hand side buttons to make a point....

See how they only used 10 buttons to switch between 20 instrument banks. I will assume that you have to press the EXB button to select the upper or lower bank, then press the appropriate button for that instrument group.

Now who do you think decided that this would be easier in live play rather than just having 20 buttons, one by each group?

And I'm not saying that it wouldn't be easier, just wondering how y'all felt about it.

mike

#207241 - 08/04/03 07:36 AM Re: Korg Pa1XPro in all of its Glory..exterior, that is..
The Pro Offline

Loc: Atlanta, Georgia
Thanks for the link Mike. Good to see this beastie close-up finally, but as you pointed out much remains to be seen. It looks a little sparse on the controls for the styles and again you are probably right about using combinations of buttons to carry out certain fill-to functions, but until the owner's manual is released on-line then we can't say for sure. I am tempted to make some negative comments on the simultaneous three voice on the right hand thing in regards to the polyphony debate, but for now we are in that dark want-and-see period where for the next 3-4 long months we'll all be speculating and wondering what the PA1XPro will and won't do. That's bound to kill some of the talk and enthusiasm so I hope Korg releases more information soon to keep interest up.

#207242 - 08/04/03 07:50 AM Re: Korg Pa1XPro in all of its Glory..exterior, that is..
surur Offline

Loc: Kissimmee, Florida. USA
This is the same as the PA-80/60. It's probably not easy to switch between instrument when playing live but that why there are User banks!

Surur

#207243 - 08/04/03 07:57 AM Re: Korg Pa1XPro in all of its Glory..exterior, that is..
Starkeeper Offline

Loc: Toronto
That's an extra button to press. I would think that would be a problem for live play. There is no numeric keypad either. That would mean pressing the EXB button and pressing 1 and 2 to get to the 2nd piano voice. Does this mean there are only 81 voices? Roland uses a simlar method of accessing voices, but it has a variation button to access further voices, still more key presses.
Star

#207244 - 08/04/03 08:12 AM Re: Korg Pa1XPro in all of its Glory..exterior, that is..
Idatrod Offline

Yes, the User Banks will come in handy Surur, but I would guess 80% of owners will use the 'Presets' ('at least to have that option', ie., "less button pushing" 'when playing Live'). User Banks are fine when you need that "special" Voice or Style, ie., "tweaked", etc. But most likely (in my case anyway) I want to be able to access the 'Presets' with "one" push of 'one' button too.

Also, Jim, the three Right Hand Voices will deplete the Polyphony even further as you imply and I'm sure Korg realizes it too. So they probably won't give the Pa1X/Pro that feature. I will be surprised if they DO incorporate 3 Right Hand Voices into the Pa1X/Pro. It would be a nice feature to have; but with 62 note Polyphony I think the writing is on the wall that that feature will NOT be included on the Pa1X/Pro. Stranger things have happened before though.

Now if they provide expansion boards "in the future"- that give and extra 32 or 64 Voice Polyphony then they could very well be able to incorporate a 3 Right Hand Voice feature on the Pa1X/Pro.

Best regards,
Mike

[This message has been edited by Idatrod (edited 08-04-2003).]

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 >

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online