SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Topic Options
#206801 - 04/30/02 03:19 PM Checkout my Photography !
Scottyee Offline

Loc: San Francisco Bay Area, CA, US...
Synthzone family & friends,

I know this is WAY off topic, but I recently purchased my 1st digital camera (Canon Powershot G2) and have begun to explore the world of digital photography. Thought you guys might be interested in seeing some of the pics I've taken with it: http://pbase.com/scottyee

Your comments would be much appreciated,

Scott

------------------
http://scottyee.com

#206802 - 04/30/02 03:37 PM Re: Checkout my Photography !
Anonymous
Unregistered

Excellent quality, of course, no technical tricks, but what I really liked A LOT was your perpectives. If we had doubts about your sensivity - and didn't know your music - they would all disappear

-- José.

#206803 - 04/30/02 04:40 PM Re: Checkout my Photography !
Mario Offline

Loc: Wayside, New jersey, USA
Excellent Scott. Can't go wrong with a Canon. I just purchased a the Zr-45mc digital video recorder for my trip to Spain on June 23rd (Ibiza and Palma de Mallorca). It will be a celebration for my 29th wedding anniversary. We'll be there for 2 weeks although I'll be in touch with the forum since I am taking my loptop. Hopefully I'll be able to send some shots for the group to enjoy. Thank god for the Internet!

#206804 - 04/30/02 05:20 PM Re: Checkout my Photography !
Frank Bez Offline

Loc: Avila Beach, CA, U.S.A.
Now WAIT A MINUTE Scott,

I accept the fact that I’ll never be able to achieve your level of musicianship.
BUT, when you start butting into my territory of photography with these beautiful photos, this has got to STOP!!!

HA -- Just kidding. I took the step into digital myself last fall with the Fuji FinePix Pro. I lets me use all my old Nikon lenses. Lots of fun.

Long live the renaissance man,

Frank

#206805 - 04/30/02 05:40 PM Re: Checkout my Photography !
Anonymous
Unregistered

I have one question about these photos: have they been retouched, or are they 'raw' ones? The color and contrast are great!

One more comment about digital photography. The only case where I still prefer my old non-digital reflex camera is for night pictures with a flash light.

-- José.

#206806 - 04/30/02 05:51 PM Re: Checkout my Photography !
jedi Offline

Loc: Merrimack, N.H.
Hi Scott,
Very NICE pictures, I realy enjoyed the one with the ocean and the rocks. Thank you for sharing your "other hobby" with us.
jedi

#206807 - 04/30/02 06:07 PM Re: Checkout my Photography !
Dnj Offline

Nice shots Scott, G2 Rocks!!!

I use a NIKON 950, isn't tecnology great? Please take some shots of you performing also ok?

donny nj

#206808 - 04/30/02 06:22 PM Re: Checkout my Photography !
Scottyee Offline

Matias & all: Thanks for your kind words and encouragement.

Mario: Yes, I chose the Canon G2 because it got the highest review of all the pro-sumer digicams out there in just about EVERY review I read.

Notlos (Dirk):
A couple of the pics were cropped slightly but all the pics were pretty much what I got out of my 4 megapixel camera. Shot in Large Super fine mode and then resized (reduced in size) to Jpeg 640 x 480 in Photoshop to take up less web space. The camera is a 4 megapixel Caon G2. Highly recommended.

Jedi:
Digital photograhy is a fun new hobby, but music is my WORK and still my #1 life passion. The true world re-nowned legendary Hollywood photographer here is Frank Bez.

Frank, it would be WONDERFUL if you might share a couple of your legendary photograhs with us someday. Did I hear (from a little birdie) that a book may be in the making? If so, please put me first on the list to purchase your book.

Thanks to everyone for your support, everyone needs a hobby, and mine's photography. - Scott

------------------

#206809 - 04/30/02 06:40 PM Re: Checkout my Photography !
Scottyee Offline

Donny,

Thanks for the support. Look forward to seeing some of 'your' pictures taken with your camera too. Haven't really planned to take pictures at my gigs while performing, but it's certainly a possibility. It's just ONE more thing to have to remember to drag to the gig. Guess I really need one of those ultra tiny compact pocketable type cameras like the Canon Elph, the camera equivilent to my compact lightweight Yammy PSR2000.

Btw, in the midst of all the PSR2000 controversy going on here on the forum, I'm still enjoying the PSR2000 a lot. It seems to be holding up real well (so far). I have admittedly been lightening up my gig schedule recently though. I guess we all need a rest now and then to avoid burn out, and the photography has given me a fresh perspective on creativity.

Scott

------------------

#206810 - 04/30/02 06:50 PM Re: Checkout my Photography !
Dnj Offline

"I have admittedly been lightening up my gig schedule>>>>"

Can you elaborate on this strategy?

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online