SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3
Topic Options
#206543 - 03/21/05 06:38 PM Re: PayPal Refunding
Pennywizz6 Offline

Loc: Shakopee, MN, USA
Thanks Boo,

I had 580 dollars in my paypal account from my previous XP-60 sale. When I made the purchase it took 580 out of my paypal account, and took the remaining 200 from the credit place. I am able to recover the 200, but the other 580 is paypal to manage.

I contacted paypal, I must say they suck, over an hour on hold, got to a rep and I exsplained my problem, and they are like well we tried under best effort ect. Which means you sent the money, we have nothing to do to protect your purchase, your screwed, sorry. They say they limited the sellers paypal account so he has to pay before they will unlock it. But im like ok yeah how senseable is this, he owes 780 some dollars, do you honestly think hes gunna use paypal again if he owes that much? Hell no! I tweaked on them but they kept saying the same thing, i was pretty pissed when I hung up. Talk about getting shafted from every possible angle!

My grandpa is writing an article for the star tribune (minnesota paper) about how paypal has no protection to common online transfers and my story ect.

I hope something good will happen out of this thing.

Phil

#206544 - 03/21/05 07:55 PM Re: PayPal Refunding
The Accordionist Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by Pennywizz6:
Thanks Boo,

I had 580 dollars in my paypal account from my previous XP-60 sale. When I made the purchase it took 580 out of my paypal account, and took the remaining 200 from the credit place. I am able to recover the 200, but the other 580 is paypal to manage.

I contacted paypal, I must say they suck, over an hour on hold, got to a rep and I exsplained my problem, and they are like well we tried under best effort ect. Which means you sent the money, we have nothing to do to protect your purchase, your screwed, sorry. They say they limited the sellers paypal account so he has to pay before they will unlock it. But im like ok yeah how senseable is this, he owes 780 some dollars, do you honestly think hes gunna use paypal again if he owes that much? Hell no! I tweaked on them but they kept saying the same thing, i was pretty pissed when I hung up. Talk about getting shafted from every possible angle!

My grandpa is writing an article for the star tribune (minnesota paper) about how paypal has no protection to common online transfers and my story ect.

I hope something good will happen out of this thing.

Phil

This website www.paypalsucks.com exists for a reason. I ran a $6000 deal through them and a friend turned me on to this site in the middle of the deal. Needless to say, I didn't sleep much!

My deal went through fine, though. Lots of good info on action to take after you've been scammed.

Good luck. Sorry about your experience.

Tommy

#206545 - 03/21/05 08:12 PM Re: PayPal Refunding
Pennywizz6 Offline

Loc: Shakopee, MN, USA
Thanks for the link Tommy, I went ahead and posted a thread to see what they have to say.

Wish me luck,

Phil

#206546 - 03/22/05 07:02 AM Re: PayPal Refunding
Tony Rome Offline

Loc: Cozumel Mexico
Quote:
Originally posted by brickboo:
The bad laptop deal that I made a few months ago, that a few here insisted that I should pay for turned to crap. All I did was call VISA and they put it in dispute. That means they would not charge my card and seek the money returned from the vendor, (Seller). It worked perfect. I think they got the money from Paypal and then Paypal chases the vendor or seller.

I received correspondence from Visa saying the account had been settled and I got an email from Pay Pal asking me to try to reach a settlement with them and the vendor in the future instead of putting the claim in dispute with VISA. I think if I buy thought Ebay and Paypal and have a problem I'll just call VISA again. This all happened in about 30 or 40 days.

You'd probably have to deal with Paypal for a year and still not get your money back. I didn't know VISA would do this, but a friend said he used the dispute option before and it worked great. VISA is good people if you pay your bill. I've been with VISA forever, but we pay the VISA bill religiously.

It sure paid off for this bad deal.

HEY BOO......WELCOME BACK...WE MISSED YOU...
now lets have some of thoes witty posts of yours.....also glad that you recovered your money from the scamer....
Tony

Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online