Quote:
Originally posted by brickboo:
The bad laptop deal that I made a few months ago, that a few here insisted that I should pay for turned to crap. All I did was call VISA and they put it in dispute. That means they would not charge my card and seek the money returned from the vendor, (Seller). It worked perfect. I think they got the money from Paypal and then Paypal chases the vendor or seller.

I received correspondence from Visa saying the account had been settled and I got an email from Pay Pal asking me to try to reach a settlement with them and the vendor in the future instead of putting the claim in dispute with VISA. I think if I buy thought Ebay and Paypal and have a problem I'll just call VISA again. This all happened in about 30 or 40 days.

You'd probably have to deal with Paypal for a year and still not get your money back. I didn't know VISA would do this, but a friend said he used the dispute option before and it worked great. VISA is good people if you pay your bill. I've been with VISA forever, but we pay the VISA bill religiously.

It sure paid off for this bad deal.

HEY BOO......WELCOME BACK...WE MISSED YOU...
now lets have some of thoes witty posts of yours.....also glad that you recovered your money from the scamer....
Tony