SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Topic Options
#206513 - 03/03/02 05:41 PM Additional information: Accordeon sounds
Rich Rys Offline

Loc: Milwaukee, WI USA
To all who respond thanks! The main issue I have seen with these critical instruments is when you need to go lower than the samples in the sound set. The samples for instance in the Roland Super Sample Set, are taken in notes above the range of B2. The treble keyboard for the accordeon goes down to F2. All the notes below the area of the third octave range on the piano keyboard have a slow attack due to the notes recreation as indicated. When the notes are layered it helps, but the lower note comes up later rendering the response slow for the harmonic content as a whole. These reed instruments need multi samples to create the real scenario which is ( a low reed, two middles, and a high reed) which all play at once which makes the master timbre. Has anyone ever tried to play notes in the range of C2 to B2? You will see a slowed response, and even more as you go lower. Any fixes!
Thanks, Rich

#206514 - 03/04/02 12:56 PM Re: Additional information: Accordeon sounds
Leon Offline

Loc: British Columbia
Hmmmm....my first thought is...
...an accordion?????....why..??
I'm not promoting one make over another here but I've found no problems, or delay of any kind with either my T1 or T3.
Just my thots...
...an accordion...???

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online