SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Topic Options
#206196 - 05/22/06 07:58 AM Yamaha PianoSoft and PSR3000
familyguy Offline

Hi all.

I recently listened to some samples from yamahamusicsoft.com of PianoSoft titles. I went through the download process which requires a blank 3.5" floppy disk. Then I tried it out on my Mother's Clavinova where it worked fine. Using the guide mode I was able to learn/practice one of the sample songs.
Now... here's my question..
Is there any way to use PianoSoft disks on a PSR3000 keyboard? On Yamaha's compatibility list it shows "NA" for Not Applicable, but it doesn't say "NC" which would be Not Compatible. Therein lies my confusion. I was thinking perhaps if I bought a USB floppy drive it might work ?!
I would like to use them in conjunction with the Guide feature for learning purposes.

Any insight would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks.

[This message has been edited by familyguy (edited 05-22-2006).]

#206197 - 05/22/06 04:28 PM Re: Yamaha PianoSoft and PSR3000
rikkisbears Offline

Loc: NSW,Australia
Hi,
be carefull with some of the Yamaha disks.
They have different types & not all of them work in the same instruments.

I have an early series of disks for Clavinova's & Dom 30 module ( Disk Orchestra Collection). They work in my current Clavinova, they worked in my 9000pro & for some bizzare reason , they even worked in some of my Technics keyboards.
They're not GM or XG midi.
I tried recording them to a sequencer via midi, so that I could do a bit of tweaking, they don't record across.

Not familiar with the Pianosoft disks, if they're gm or xg, maybe you could try recording them across from clav to psr ( or preferrably p.c. sequencer ) via midi, I did that with some of my old disklavier disks, if they're not gm or xg, forget it, as it's a nightmare to try and convert sounds & drums to xg format.

best wishes
Rikki

[This message has been edited by rikkisbears (edited 05-22-2006).]

Korg PA5X 88 note
SX900
Band in a Box 2022

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online