SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Topic Options
#205782 - 10/17/03 05:01 AM Re: Supercharged Tyros mountable speaker system
Uncle Dave Offline

Loc: Penn Yan, NY
Amelio,
Are you plugging the Tyros into a jack meant for phono, perhaps? A mixer going into the aux in will work better. This is how I rigged my studio monitors. I have a Mackie 1604 plugged into the TV/LD input of my stereo reciever and that feeds a pair of Event 2020 monitors. They're not the greatest monitors out there, but I wanted middle of the road/average gear to listen to so the mix would sound right in most home stereos.
I never use a sub in the studio because it's easier to make a stereo mix that works in a variety of speaker systems. I'd be willing to bet that most people crank the sub up to a level thats a little over the top as far as flat response is concerned. It sounds nice and full, and our ear responds to that. Nothing wrong, but when you mix for a sub and then playback without one ....... there is a big difference.

I have some news on the live rig sub I just bouyght, but I'll start a new thread for that.

BTW - I had to try a few times to get the driver to instal for the USB hookup too. Just follow the directions to a "T". It'll work.

#205783 - 10/17/03 08:55 AM Re: Supercharged Tyros mountable speaker system
Idatrod Offline

Loc: Oceanside, CA USA
Quote:
Originally posted by Amelius:
Scott and all,

2. I own a Portable PC with USB connection, yet cannot install the driver provided in the TY's CD. Followed instructions on manual, called Yammy support, but nothing. Has anyone experienced similar problems, and found a way out?

Thanks for your help.

Sunshine from Milan (Italy).

Amelio

Amelio

What version of Windows are you using?
The reason I ask that is because I tried installing the USB Driver [for the fast Hard Drive access feature with Tyros OS version 1.20]. The Tyros OS version 1.20 has the ability to "speed up" Hard Drive access and data transfer through the USB port connection. But with Windows 98SE [which I had until recently] I was NOT able to get this function [feature] to work. What I ended up doing was purchasing Windows XP and formatting the Hard Drive (on my PC) and clean installing WinXP. The nice thing is WinXP requires NO driver for the fast harddrive access feature [when using Tyros OS version 1.20]. But to use the Tyros File Utility and Voice Editor software included on the Tyros CD you will still need a USB Midi Driver for that. I got the latest version USB Midi Driver, ie., "version 2.07" and it installed just fine on WinXP. But like Dave said you will need to follow the 'instructions' to a "T" to insure Driver installation success.

But I could not get the "fast harddrive access" [with Tyros OS version 1.20] feature to work using Windows 98SE. But everything works great using Windows XP.

So a clarification as to what Windows version operating system you are using would be helpful so it can be determined where the problem lies as to why you cannot get the USB Driver installed.

Best regards,
Mike

#205784 - 10/21/03 03:40 AM Re: Supercharged Tyros mountable speaker system
Amelius Offline

Loc: Milan, Italy
Dave and Mike,

thanks for your help.

Dave: yes, I plugged the TY in the phono input (the 2 red/white small jacks) on the ampli. I tried with a mixer and it now works fine. BTW, I was just wondering if I could do without the mixer, and simply plug 2 cables from TY's MAIN L&R to the ampli (AUX or else).
Pardon my English, but what does it mean "follow instructions to a T"?

Mike: My pC runs on Win98. It cannot identify the TY automatically, but after 2 weeks I cannot still use the file manager without having the driver installed. I will look for some IT assistance on the PC, and take it from there.

Ciao

Amelio

#205785 - 10/21/03 05:21 AM Re: Supercharged Tyros mountable speaker system
Uncle Dave Offline

Loc: Penn Yan, NY
Quote:
Originally posted by Amelius:
what does it mean "follow instructions to a T"?

That's a slang expression for not cutting any corners. Follow EVERY single instruction.
I'm not sure where the term "to a T" came from. We(in the US) seem to say things like .... "dot the I's and cross the T's" to make sure that a printed page is proof read before anyone sees potential gramatical errors.

There's a doo-wop song by the Capri's ("Morse code of love") that uses the line ...
"...well, I dotted the I's and I crossed the T's, and now I'm beggin' pretty please ...."
Such poetry, huh?
It's a great jitterbug number that sounded like a 50's tune but was actually recorded MUCH later,(1975?) and Manhatten Transfer covered it as well.... maybe even better.

And, BTW - your English is great. I envy anyone that can converse in more than one language. I can barely get through "La Bamba" without insulting some of our Latin friends ! (NO Idea what I'm singing !)

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online