SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >
Topic Options
#205429 - 03/19/05 04:53 AM Start giving people!
YamahaAndy Offline

So I don't know if this is justified, but I'm starting to feel a little pissed off.

This message board has been very inactive lately. I feel I have tried to contribute with articles surrounding music production and keyboards, at least 30% of the responses has been bull shit, 70% (those that have really commented with interest and friendlyness) I am thankful for. But now I think you 30% that also don't write any posts here should start doing so! This is message board that works on the principle of sharing the interest in the hobby with others and the knowledge earned by it!

Please post more stuff here or I will soon go somewhere else! I mean this should be one of the world's most popular keyboard forums and there are tons of members. I think 5 posts per day is really silly.

Best regards,
YamahaAndy

[This message has been edited by YamahaAndy (edited 03-19-2005).]

#205430 - 03/19/05 05:53 AM Re: Start giving people!
nardoni2002 Offline

Loc: malaga, spain
there are many 1000s of members at synthzone,you will never get everybody contributing,this applies to all sites,the main core 20 to 30 always post to offer help,but bear in mind these opinions are only that,,, opinions,,,everything has to be taken in perspective ,example someone new to this site maybe raving about this new board he,or she bought and gets so excited about it ,now we are all hooked whats this fantastic board gimme info NOW, and it turns out that this a young 12 year old that has aquired a 200 dollar board,excited and new to keyboards and he is contributing his opinion,andy don,t take things so serious lighten up and enjoy,mike

#205431 - 03/19/05 06:25 AM Re: Start giving people!
zuki Offline

This board was once very special, with a limited cast of 'characters'. I think its popularity started its own demise. Personally, I'd rather read from a core of arranger enthusiasts, but for me, this forum has evolved to topics of non interest.
zuki

Studio: Korg PA4X/Yamaha DGX670/Boss BR900CD/Tascam DP24SD/MTM Iloud/Sony C80/AGK 214/K&M stand

#205432 - 03/19/05 06:31 AM Re: Start giving people!
travlin'easy Offline

Loc: Forest Hill, MD USA
I can only echo Mike and Zuki's statements. Relax Andy, this isn't neurosurgery--it's an informational forum that thousands of individuals have readily enjoyed over the years.

Cheers,

Gary

K+E=W (Knowledge Plus Experience = Wisdom.)

#205433 - 03/19/05 07:08 AM Re: Start giving people!
mikeathome1 Offline

Loc: Syracuse NY
You've been a member for a month....calm down.....read some back posts and topics. Pissed off people don't tend to bring out the best in others.
Tell us about yourself, where do you live, age, musical background, influences.
read the other posts things are kinda slow right now.

#205434 - 03/19/05 07:11 AM Re: Start giving people!
cassp Offline

Loc: Motown
I think you should go back read Tommy the Accordionist's thread about the Forum Slowdown. Most of the old forum regulars checked in there.

No offense, but the topics lately have not been that interesting. Our newer members seem to have different, non-arranger interests. The old crew has performing interests in common too, so many threads drew in members' comments based on friendships and associations. Our new members haven't made that connection - yet.

I find I'm posting at "The Bar" more often and checking it as often, if not more often, than the Arranger forum.

I too hate to see the Arranger forum lose its vitality, but maybe it's a cyclical thing and it will revitalize itself over time. Or maybe it has reached its limits (hopefully not) and some of us need to move on.

In the end I must echo others' opinions that the Arranger forum hasn't been as much an arranger forum as a general synth forum with hundreds of members.

#205435 - 03/19/05 07:17 AM Re: Start giving people!
Jerryghr Offline

Loc: Buffalo, NY
Andy,

Those are some pretty strong words for a new guy on the block, that has been around for less than a month.

As Gary said relax and enjoy the board.

Over time many topics evolve and are discussed. Some hot topics, some informational, some boring etc.

I have received great information, advice, and tips in the time I have been a member.

Recently, there has not been a lot of information that I am interested in.

Meanwhile I'll check in daily to see what's happening. When I see a topic that peeks my interest, I will jump in, ask advice, give my advice, and seek opinion.

Regards,

Jerry

#205436 - 03/19/05 07:22 AM Re: Start giving people!
SD_FAN Offline

Loc: São Paulo, SP / Brazil
Or maybe some members are busy with theirs jobs...

#205437 - 03/19/05 07:39 AM Re: Start giving people!
The Pro Offline

Loc: Atlanta, Georgia
Seems like the majority of posts from YamahaAndy to date have not been related to arrangers - maybe if you stayed with the topic you would get better participation. Several people have said the off-topic posts are driving them away... clue?

#205438 - 03/19/05 08:02 AM Re: Start giving people!
renig Offline

Loc: Canada
Yep, I'm with The Pro. There must be plenty of other forums more suited to YamahaAndy's slant. I have to confess my own interest in this delightful forum is waning a little as it is currently drifting away from arrangers in general but, like others, I think it'll settle out and get back to the main thrust eventually. At least, I hope it does.

#205439 - 03/19/05 08:14 AM Re: Start giving people!
Bill in Dayton Offline

Loc: Dayton, OH USA
Andy-

First, I agree with others that many of the topics just don't appeal to me. I don't use soft synths, for example, so I'm not going to comment on a string of that nature.

Topics more geared to "How-to" information, arranger questions/answers, listening to the work from others and general questions about working in the music business are the most attractive posts to me.

This is an arranger user resource. It is secondarily a social forum, IMO. Anything beyond the exchange of information takes take to develop naturally. In the past year, I have developed some cyber relationships with a few people on the board and I appreciate being able to bounce things off of them from time to time.

Like the others suggested-stay on topic, relax, participate in as friendly a fashion you can and let time do its thing. Over time, you'll likely identify others who share your specific interests and you'll find the exchanges you're looking for.

Bill in Dayton

#205440 - 03/19/05 08:48 AM Re: Start giving people!
Bluezplayer Offline

Loc: Catskill Mountains, NY
I agree with all of the replies here Andy, You just arrived .. relax and take in what you can from this forum. I've been here 4 and half years and in that time I have learned an awful lot that I didn't know before because of my time here.

Over time my interests have shifted from hardware to software arrangers and synths. Much of that is a direct result of reading information I first saw here.

For me and the way I work, that's become a natural progression. Still, it is best to try to keep the discussions here mainly related to arranger use, no matter which type we choose to use.

AJ

[This message has been edited by Bluezplayer (edited 03-19-2005).]

#205441 - 03/19/05 08:59 AM Re: Start giving people!
Pennywizz6 Offline

Loc: Shakopee, MN, USA
Gee, thanks for the thanks... were trying to help, sometimes we cant because we dont know about the topic. I help those who I CAN help, i post what I need help on. You cant exspect everyone to give help to those who need it. Everyone has different topics which they know well, other topics people cant help because they dont know anything about it. And dont you think some people has other things goin on and cant post at certain times?

This is the best forum you will find, its more arranger based, but trust me you can find at least one person to help you on what you need.

Now im gunna exspect you to help every who needs it, if thats what you exspect.

Phil

[This message has been edited by Pennywizz6 (edited 03-19-2005).]

#205442 - 03/19/05 11:14 AM Re: Start giving people!
Sheriff Offline

Loc: Frankfurt, Hessen, Germany
Stay cool, Andy! I know sometimes it's hard to exercise patience instead to work on with the instruments. How will it work if you're trying to shoot your troubles while awaiting the answers? In some cases I've repaired my harms before I've got any advices. So I could clear those topics with my experience to advice others who also will have such problems.

I've arrived in SynthZone just about two months ago. I had have a trouble with my synth which I'm still fighting with. At first I've posted it into the wrong path. Then I've corrected this little mistake. After this I had to wait just two weeks for an answer. What does it means? Well, my synth is very old and there are not many users with experience with it on this forum any more.

But in the meanwhile I've parsed the other topics which seemed to be interesting to me. So I've learned many things and have got many impressions from people out of other countries.

Take what you can get and give what you can give!

------------------
Greetings from Frankfurt (Germany),
Sheriff ;-)

[This message has been edited by Sheriff (edited 03-19-2005).]

#205443 - 03/19/05 03:03 PM Re: Start giving people!
Tony Rome Offline

Loc: Cozumel Mexico
Andy, although I'm kinda a new member myself
I must echo the statements of some of the other members....This is without a doubt the
best fraternity of people who share a common interest, MUSIC in general and KEYBOARDS in specific....we can't all be experts to have all the answers to all the questions all the time, you have to realize that the camaraderie amongst our membership is the best in the internet forum world....if there
is a certain area that you wish to cover and explore, you only have to put it up there and
wait for someone to respond and I'm sure that someone will in time..know how the system works, then work the system, we are all here to help and support each other and
we all will be here for you if you give it a chance...just like this thread you started...
look at all the responses you have received on your post....we are here, however, all posts don't excite all members the same....as
some members have pointed out, give us some information on you so we know who we are dealing with...your profile says nothing about you...I've read some of your other posts and frankly wasn't interested in any
but this one so far...just my 2 cents worth.

#205444 - 03/19/05 03:17 PM Re: Start giving people!
ViLo Offline

Loc: Dallas Tx., USA
[img]http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y41/ViLo/Mi%20Album/CryGirl.bmp[/img]

[This message has been edited by ViLo (edited 03-19-2005).]

#205445 - 03/19/05 03:59 PM Re: Start giving people!
Vquestor Offline

Everything goes in cycles. So don't bail just
because things seem like they're in a slump.
Here is a picture of a sexy keyboardist to
cheer you all up.

Darn the paste doesn't work.
Is there a way to disable HTML so I can paste
a .jpg? Or is there another way?

[This message has been edited by Vquestor (edited 03-19-2005).]

#205446 - 03/19/05 04:33 PM Re: Start giving people!
chony Offline

Loc: New York
Quote:
Originally posted by YamahaAndy:
So I don't know if this is justified, but I'm starting to feel a little pissed off .... at least 30% of the responses has been bull shit... Please post more stuff here or I will soon go somewhere else!

Andy, your post is pretty drastic for a new guy on the block... Some of us have been here for years and I think that this forum has been perfect.

The name of this forum is "General Arranger Keyboards". Many or most of the topics that you bring up have NOTHING to do with Arrangers. Nobody has complained to you, as we try to be nice and hospitable. But now that you mention it, there are many, many other forums on the net which would give you exactly what you're looking for -- maybe you should try them. Here is an example where you would find yourself completely at home: http://studio-central.com/phpbb/

Additionally, I have been members of many forums and this one has been the best. This forum is a community. Many of us - especially the ones who have been here longer -- consider ourselves friends even though we've never met. All the other forums are so heavily populated that most questions and comments get ignored or are not properly addressed.

Once again, if you have an interest in arrangers, please stay. But if you don't own one, and don't plan to, don't feel bad to carry out your threat.

Chony

#205447 - 03/20/05 01:39 AM Re: Start giving people!
keybplayer Offline

Loc: CA
I think the Bar has taken its toll. The people here on this Forum who IMO really aren't serious about pursuing their Musical talents or their interest in Arranger Keyboards or Keyboards in general have wandered off the path and ended up over at the hic' hic'..... Bar. SMOOOOTHHHH' Misery loves company I guess. Hey, where else can you go and talk about nothing in general to nobody in particular, right? You got it - the infamous BAR..

Just join an internet Chat room like mIRC or Trellix, etc. You'll be able to talk about nothing in particular to nobody in general all day long if you want.

Sorry, but I think the 'Bar' sends the wrong message to what we're trying to accomplish here at the Zone. And that is to learn and talk about Arranger Keyboards whether Hardware OR Software based. Or just Keyboards in general and their related topics like Mixers, Speakers, Mics, etc.

But it seems our frivolous members are succumbing to the Bar and aren't really serious about what this Forum represents but have chosen rather to belly up at that infamous drink hole to shoot the 'breeze' about all things trivial and IMO redundant in nature.

If someone wants to post an occasional OT topic in the General Arranger Forum then let them. But to subjugate a separate 'area' where people do so is dividing the house and damaging our cause IMO. And you know what they say: "A House divided against itself cannot stand."

If you want to talk about other things than what this Forum was made for then talk about them on THIS Forum if you want, only do it sparingly.

Then again if you aren't serious about your Musical talent or Arranger Keyboards and their related topics and want to shoot the breeze instead, then simply leave the Group and join a Chat room if you must.

But the BAR is an enabler and should be CLOSED ASAP and indefinitely IMO. Otherwise the numbers will continue to dwindle and eventually peter out completely I'm afraid.

May it never be!

Best regards,
Mike

#205448 - 03/20/05 04:12 AM Re: Start giving people!
Smokey Offline

Loc: Colorado
B.S.!!!

The bar and this forum offer the best of both worlds. Remember the conflict over OT postings? Just as in the real world, if you don’t like bars, Don’t go there!

Just the way I see it, Smokey

#205449 - 03/20/05 04:36 AM Re: Start giving people!
ViLo Offline

Loc: Dallas Tx., USA
Quote:
Originally posted by Smokey:
B.S.!!!

The bar and this forum offer the best of both worlds. Remember the conflict over OT postings? Just as in the real world, if you don’t like bars, Don’t go there!

Just the way I see it, Smokey

True, this place is very nice, and relaxed I enjoy it very much, if I don't like a topic or I'm not intrested, I don't participate, but members here are very helpful some more than others I guess according to their expirience.

One thing we [ or you YamahaAndy] have to realized is that this is a community of "humans" and for some "reason" we are not perfect, and have problems, from divorce to illneses etc.. and it feels good when you come to this forum and let it all out and THEN have your friends here give you comfort and even offer to pray for you...THAT'S PRICELESS!

So, Andy, with all the Love and respect, Please stop being a cry baby!!

Love you Man!!

------------------
ViLo
HE'S COMING, MAKE MUSIC, GET READY!

[This message has been edited by ViLo (edited 03-20-2005).]

#205450 - 03/20/05 04:50 AM Re: Start giving people!
Gunnar Jonny Offline

Loc: Norway
Quote:
Originally posted by ViLo:
.... from divorce to illneses etc..

Well, I think that kind of topics as well as football etc.
should be placed in "The Bar", not here.
But that's of course only my very personal meaning.
GJ

Btw, some of you say YamahaAndy is new, but he is not.
Just new nick as far as I can see in his "first" post.
"Success is not counted by how high you have climbed
but by how many you brought with you." (Wil Rose)

#205451 - 03/20/05 07:40 AM Re: Start giving people!
kbrkr Offline

Loc: Tampa, FL
Guys, I wouldn't be so harsh on YamahaAndy. He's a young guy trying to find his way in music and his appetite for information is much bigger than the meal he gets here at the moment. Andy is very much like a typical young teenager in this day and age....I have three of them and they are all impatient.

I think it's cool that Andy wants to "hang" with us old geezers and maybe learn a thing or two. That's more than can be said for many other teens these days.

Even his attitude reflects today's culture of young people. Maybe our behavior as role models is to blame? Who knows.

I much rather have Andy here with us rather than out getting in trouble somewhere.

Pa4x - LD Systems Maui 28 - Mackie Thumps

#205452 - 03/20/05 08:03 AM Re: Start giving people!
Gunnar Jonny Offline

Loc: Norway
Quote:
Originally posted by kbrkr:
....He's a young guy trying to find his way in music....

http://www.synthzone.com/ubbs/Forum37/HTML/010206.html
"Success is not counted by how high you have climbed
but by how many you brought with you." (Wil Rose)

#205453 - 03/24/05 09:17 AM Re: Start giving people!
sk880user Offline

Loc: United States
I used to contribute more often but then I passed through peculiar circumstances. I got laid off then I found a good job that made me very busy. But I still check on this forum regularly. I still read many of the posts especially those related to arranger keyboards reviews; and also comparison between keyboards. I still remember people and cherish the friendship we had.

#205454 - 03/24/05 10:23 AM Re: Start giving people!
DonM Offline

Loc: Benton, LA, USA
Andy is suspiciously quiet. Maybe he's a hit and run artist!
At least he got some conversation going.
DonM

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online