SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >
Topic Options
#205429 - 03/19/05 04:53 AM Start giving people!
YamahaAndy Offline

So I don't know if this is justified, but I'm starting to feel a little pissed off.

This message board has been very inactive lately. I feel I have tried to contribute with articles surrounding music production and keyboards, at least 30% of the responses has been bull shit, 70% (those that have really commented with interest and friendlyness) I am thankful for. But now I think you 30% that also don't write any posts here should start doing so! This is message board that works on the principle of sharing the interest in the hobby with others and the knowledge earned by it!

Please post more stuff here or I will soon go somewhere else! I mean this should be one of the world's most popular keyboard forums and there are tons of members. I think 5 posts per day is really silly.

Best regards,
YamahaAndy

[This message has been edited by YamahaAndy (edited 03-19-2005).]

#205430 - 03/19/05 05:53 AM Re: Start giving people!
nardoni2002 Offline

Loc: malaga, spain
there are many 1000s of members at synthzone,you will never get everybody contributing,this applies to all sites,the main core 20 to 30 always post to offer help,but bear in mind these opinions are only that,,, opinions,,,everything has to be taken in perspective ,example someone new to this site maybe raving about this new board he,or she bought and gets so excited about it ,now we are all hooked whats this fantastic board gimme info NOW, and it turns out that this a young 12 year old that has aquired a 200 dollar board,excited and new to keyboards and he is contributing his opinion,andy don,t take things so serious lighten up and enjoy,mike

#205431 - 03/19/05 06:25 AM Re: Start giving people!
zuki Offline

This board was once very special, with a limited cast of 'characters'. I think its popularity started its own demise. Personally, I'd rather read from a core of arranger enthusiasts, but for me, this forum has evolved to topics of non interest.
zuki

Studio: Korg PA4X/Yamaha DGX670/Yamaha PSR SX900/Boss BR900CD/Tascam DP24SD/MTM Iloud/Senn 935/K&M stand/Shure SM57/Sony C80 (2)/Blue Encore 300

#205432 - 03/19/05 06:31 AM Re: Start giving people!
travlin'easy Offline

Loc: Forest Hill, MD USA
I can only echo Mike and Zuki's statements. Relax Andy, this isn't neurosurgery--it's an informational forum that thousands of individuals have readily enjoyed over the years.

Cheers,

Gary

K+E=W (Knowledge Plus Experience = Wisdom.)

#205433 - 03/19/05 07:08 AM Re: Start giving people!
mikeathome1 Offline

Loc: Syracuse NY
You've been a member for a month....calm down.....read some back posts and topics. Pissed off people don't tend to bring out the best in others.
Tell us about yourself, where do you live, age, musical background, influences.
read the other posts things are kinda slow right now.

#205434 - 03/19/05 07:11 AM Re: Start giving people!
cassp Offline

Loc: Motown
I think you should go back read Tommy the Accordionist's thread about the Forum Slowdown. Most of the old forum regulars checked in there.

No offense, but the topics lately have not been that interesting. Our newer members seem to have different, non-arranger interests. The old crew has performing interests in common too, so many threads drew in members' comments based on friendships and associations. Our new members haven't made that connection - yet.

I find I'm posting at "The Bar" more often and checking it as often, if not more often, than the Arranger forum.

I too hate to see the Arranger forum lose its vitality, but maybe it's a cyclical thing and it will revitalize itself over time. Or maybe it has reached its limits (hopefully not) and some of us need to move on.

In the end I must echo others' opinions that the Arranger forum hasn't been as much an arranger forum as a general synth forum with hundreds of members.

#205435 - 03/19/05 07:17 AM Re: Start giving people!
Jerryghr Offline

Loc: Buffalo, NY
Andy,

Those are some pretty strong words for a new guy on the block, that has been around for less than a month.

As Gary said relax and enjoy the board.

Over time many topics evolve and are discussed. Some hot topics, some informational, some boring etc.

I have received great information, advice, and tips in the time I have been a member.

Recently, there has not been a lot of information that I am interested in.

Meanwhile I'll check in daily to see what's happening. When I see a topic that peeks my interest, I will jump in, ask advice, give my advice, and seek opinion.

Regards,

Jerry

#205436 - 03/19/05 07:22 AM Re: Start giving people!
SD_FAN Offline

Loc: São Paulo, SP / Brazil
Or maybe some members are busy with theirs jobs...

#205437 - 03/19/05 07:39 AM Re: Start giving people!
The Pro Offline

Loc: Atlanta, Georgia
Seems like the majority of posts from YamahaAndy to date have not been related to arrangers - maybe if you stayed with the topic you would get better participation. Several people have said the off-topic posts are driving them away... clue?

#205438 - 03/19/05 08:02 AM Re: Start giving people!
renig Offline

Loc: Canada
Yep, I'm with The Pro. There must be plenty of other forums more suited to YamahaAndy's slant. I have to confess my own interest in this delightful forum is waning a little as it is currently drifting away from arrangers in general but, like others, I think it'll settle out and get back to the main thrust eventually. At least, I hope it does.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online