SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Topic Options
#205381 - 02/17/04 05:52 PM Bad time to buy a Tyros?
The Accordionist Offline

Well, I'm selling my XD3 and looking for another arranger and pretty much decided that I love the Tyros.

They run around $2800 now for the Tyros, it's stand and the speakers.

Well, with the Tyros being three years old, the PSR3000 coming out, the 9000pro gone, and who knows what replacing the Tyros in the next 6 months, I decided that it probably is a terrible time to buy a Tyros.

Any thoughts on this?

Also, I really hate buying used equipment as I have been burned so many times and lost so much money and sleep over used equipment that didn't pass muster, that I now just buy new and have been much happier.

Thanks.

Tommy

#205382 - 02/17/04 06:11 PM Re: Bad time to buy a Tyros?
Dnj Offline

Tommy email Uncle Dave he has one at a great price......
http://www.synthzone.com/ubbs/Forum29/HTML/001351.html

unclemusic@aol.com

[This message has been edited by Dnj (edited 02-17-2004).]

#205383 - 02/17/04 06:27 PM Re: Bad time to buy a Tyros?
Uncle Dave Offline

Loc: Penn Yan, NY
Thanx Donny !
The Tyros will not suffer because of the psr3000. They attract different buyers, and I doubt that anyone will dump their Ty's to get a psr anything.

#205384 - 02/18/04 04:43 AM Re: Bad time to buy a Tyros?
trtjazz Offline

Tommy
The Tyros hasn't been out 3 years .....half that time maybe. Scott and I were amongest the first in the US to get them and we haven't had them that long.
Terry

------------------
jam on,
Terry http://imjazzed.homestead.com/Index.html

#205385 - 02/18/04 07:11 AM Re: Bad time to buy a Tyros?
Tomcat Offline

Loc: Ft Collins Colorado, USA
Just as a reference, GC sold me a Tyros only, no stand and no speakers, for $2450USD. It turned out to be a bad one internally so I took it back and got one from a local music store for $2395 but that was because there was a two week long snow and ice storm in Salem and no business so he needed some cash flow and was therefore willing to make me a deal on one.

You can get one through the Tyros buyers group for about $2300 + shipping.

Tom

------------------
Bigger is not always better

#205386 - 02/18/04 07:26 AM Re: Bad time to buy a Tyros?
keybplayer Offline

Loc: CA
To the 'The Accordionist',

If you can wait a bit the PSR 3000 will be out this Summer. If you don't like mushy Key action you will probably want to pass on the PSR 3000 although the mushy Key action is only a rumor up to this point. If you want a Keyboard with internal speakers AND the best Key action of any Arranger on the market I've been told, then you may want to wait for the Korg Pa1X (61 Key version) to come out. The major drawbacks of the Pa1X will be its weight (heavier than the Pa1X PRO) and its high price tag = $3,495 "with NO installed Hard Drive either".

If $$$ are a major concern then again you may want to wait for the PSR 3000. PS: The Tyros is an excellent Arranger too of course and if you don't mind not having internal speakers and no Sampling capability (PSR3000 has NO Sampling either) plus you cannot load Wav, Aiff, MP3, or Akai files to the Tyros Hard Drive just Midi, Styles, Voice files, Multipads, XF, Disk Orchestra, and VH for XG. Which is another topic to rant on but I'll forego. Well, maybe not!

Yamaha gives us the ability to use "HUGE" capacity Hard Drives (for Keyboards anyway) and then doesn't support loading of WAV, Aiff, Akai or MP3's into it. Unless Yamaha has something up its sleeve to allow the Tyros (by way of a hardware upgrade) to implement this ability - Which I doubt very seriously - then were stuck with these HUGE hard drives that we couldn't possibly in several lifetimes fill up to capacity.

Having said that 'The Accordionist', the Tyros still is a great sounding Keyboard which has a much better (IMO) Key action than the PSR 2000/2100 and most likely the PSR 3000 will have.

Best regards,
Mike

#205387 - 02/18/04 09:18 PM Re: Bad time to buy a Tyros?
The Accordionist Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by Tomcat:
Just as a reference, GC sold me a Tyros only, no stand and no speakers, for $2450USD. It turned out to be a bad one internally so I took it back and got one from a local music store for $2395 but that was because there was a two week long snow and ice storm in Salem and no business so he needed some cash flow and was therefore willing to make me a deal on one.

You can get one through the Tyros buyers group for about $2300 + shipping.

Tom

Tom, I'm not familiar with the Tyros Buyers Group. Is that where a bunch of users get together and they buy 10 of them at a time?

Could you please pass any information on the Buyers Group to me?

Thank you.

Tommy

#205388 - 02/18/04 10:04 PM Re: Bad time to buy a Tyros?
DonM Offline

Loc: Benton, LA, USA
Email Bob Gelman for details on the buyers' group.
annelyse@att.net
DonM

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online