SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Topic Options
#20521 - 10/31/99 11:34 AM kurzweil k2000 needed badly
drei Offline

Loc: queens,ny,usa
I plan to buy the Kurzweil K2000. I need some information on what it can do right out of the box without the upgrades.
I have read the specifications but don't understand what i can do with the features. For example what are: 120 Kb Program Ram and the 2 MB Sample RAM? Does this mean I can sample with it right out of the box? How much time can i get out of the 120 Kb Program RAM and 2 MB Sample RAM if I were using these features? If I upgrade to a certain amount of Program RAM and Sample RAM then how much time could I get? I know this keyboard is capable of sampling but does sampling still work right out of the box or is this an optional upgrade that i need to buy?
//I don't know, that's why I am asking before i buy. On another note,
I am interested in both the Kurzweil k2000 and the MPC2000 capabilities but they are so expensive. are there cheaper alternatives on the market that have all the features of these but cost less? any suggestions? I prefer to buy brand new stuff.

#20522 - 10/31/99 04:40 PM Re: kurzweil k2000 needed badly
xenophobe Offline

Loc: Omaha ne usa
I can help you w/one thing: go to ebay... I'm getting a kurzweil k2500 w/box, video, disks, everything, a 5 grand synth for $2000. They've got k2000's there too. Here's the sweet deal: I just contacted the guy directly, i didn't have to bid, and I'm getting a sweet deal.

#20523 - 10/31/99 07:09 PM Re: kurzweil k2000 needed badly
drei Offline

Loc: queens,ny,usa
how you know it's real though or if it's brand new? is this guy a dealer?

#20524 - 11/01/99 12:38 PM Re: kurzweil k2000 needed badly
Chris Attison Offline

Loc: Long Island, NY.
hi Drei,

Ebay is a good resource for finding good deals, personally, I buy everything brand new from a retailer, I dont trust people with certain things. Not to try to make you
paranoid, but try to understand that things like warranty and such are important. Also when your warranty card is sent in along with ones synth serial number, it is registered in the manufacturers database.
While you may find good deals, when it comes to topics like this, its just better to buy brand new, a few extra dollars for a sound mind is worth it. My 2cents!

#20525 - 11/02/99 02:29 AM Re: kurzweil k2000 needed badly
xenophobe Offline

Loc: Omaha ne usa
In my opinion, as long as the factory warranty is valid, I'm fine. In most cases I try to buy used, b/c I'm sorry, In most cases you can check it out ahead of time, and it saves $$$$$. If I become famous, then yeah, I'll buy everything new, but not when I'm young and poor. It's not new, he used it for studio recording, and played w/ a k2000vp live. I won't complain.

Moderator:  Admin 

Help keep Synth Zone Online