SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Topic Options
#205017 - 04/15/02 09:55 AM Multi-Pad on PSR2000 - A beat matching question
Hau Tristan Offline

Loc: HK
Hi,

When I was using a techno style and playing the synth line. What I want is to press one of the M-pads to have some drum-roll so that the music can be more colorful. How to ensure that the Multi-Pad is beat matched with my current style ?

Cowby

#205018 - 04/15/02 11:43 AM Re: Multi-Pad on PSR2000 - A beat matching question
Graham UK Offline

Loc: Lincolnshire UK
Hau. Assuming that your 2000 Pad configuration is the same as my 9000Pro, which belive it is?
You have 2 options. 1.To match PAD to Chords played. 2. To Loop the Pads.
If is just Drums you require to be placed into a PAD, you can copy any part of a Drum track that takes your fancy from a Midi File.
This is the way I do it using Cakewalk. Select 4 to 8 bars of Drums from a midi File and copy and paste into a new Cakewalk Page. Do this with 4 different selections onto 4 different tracks. You now have 4 separate tracks of Drums. Change the channel number to track 1 to Ch1...Track2 to Ch2...Track3 to Ch3...Track4 to Ch4. Set volumes about 90.
Go to file (top left) and select INFO. In the bottom large window enter.
CM1111
RP1111
Save to floppy as Midi type 1 and rename.mid to .pad Put this file into a folder NAME.usr this will now load into the keyboard and using individual option and chose a bank for loading. The CM1111 & RP1111 tell the board to chord match & loop all the 4 PADS.

Sorry about the explanation....its much easier to do than to explain.

Have fun Graham UK

[This message has been edited by Graham UK (edited 04-15-2002).]

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online