SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Topic Options
#204957 - 01/20/01 11:47 AM Has anybody seen the new oriental X1
naziz Offline

Loc: liverpool, Uk
Hi All
Has anybody seen the new oriental X1 in NAMM?
I have been waiting for reports of sightings of or comments on this keyboard that was first mentioned by George Kaye. Please keep us posted about this new arrival.
Nabil Aziz

#204958 - 01/20/01 01:44 PM Re: Has anybody seen the new oriental X1
eddy awada Offline

Loc: MI,usa
hello nabil and every body else
i would like to answer your question because i have a feeling that a lot of people out there have a misconception of what an oriental X1 is, right now i have 2 X1's one of them i keep in my truck's trunk for the road because i constantly have gigs and the other one is sitting in my studio in my basement so you can say i have a pretty good idea of what I'm talking about, when i bought the first one as an oriental X1 i thought i was buying a totally different keyboard than the regular "western" x1 that had different layout or more buttons or more whatever. then i bought the other one here in the USA and all i had to do is just copy the oriental folder on a set of floppies from the one keyboard so called X1 oriental then loaded them into the other one to make it oriental, the only difference is that the oriental one has an XY joy stick on it, i contacted solton regarding the replacement of the XY joy stick and they informed me that it will be available here in the us for purchase around march 2001.
as far as the quarter note box you can buy that for about $60 and it should work with all solton keyboard that has a port where you can plug a 13 switchs foot pedal.
eddy

[This message has been edited by eddy awada (edited 01-20-2001).]

#204959 - 01/20/01 02:23 PM Re: Has anybody seen the new oriental X1
Ahmad Offline

Loc: Lebanon
Al salam Aleikum dear arabic musicians.

I think the ketron x1 oriental showed in the namm is the same x1 but with joystick pitch bender and is written on the keyboard cover oriental. for the oriental program I think is the same old one distributed by ketron and nothing is new.

I have this old program that you have but it is nothing compared to the new oriental program. I have heard a demo of it and I tell you it has the most perfect and realistic arabic styles I have heard. the sounds are incredibly real. according to eddy (he is the responsible person for the old and new oriental program)the new oriental program will be demonstrated in the frankfurt messe and after frankfurt he will sell it in lebanon.

I knew from a friend of mine that work with eddy that this program will not be given to ketron and eddy will distribute it by himself because it costed him a lot of money and soon he will make a web site where he will put demos for this program and musicians can order it over the web.

I will get some new info on monday because I will visit the guys at music planet and I will post it here directly.

#204960 - 01/20/01 02:44 PM Re: Has anybody seen the new oriental X1
eddy awada Offline

alaikom alsalam
i see your point ahmad but what i was trying to axplain is that the hardware of all X1 is the same except of course for the joy stick that will be soon available,now yes the X1 that you buy directly from Lebanon or other Arabic countries does have couple of Arabic words written on it but only Arabic writing and no extra buttons but the functions are the same.
hey ahmad can you e.mail me your e.mail?
mine is eddydy@hotmail.com.
cheers
eddy

#204961 - 01/20/01 09:23 PM Re: Has anybody seen the new oriental X1
George Kaye Offline

Loc: Reseda, California USA
I only looked quickly at the X1 Oriental keyboard and found only the joystick and the 40 arabic patterns were in the pattern area and not in the stock style area. I don't know if there are any other changes but I will be attending the show again Sunday and I will find out.
George Kaye
(Retired 2021)

#204962 - 01/21/01 02:11 PM Re: Has anybody seen the new oriental X1
eddy awada Offline

hey ahmad
why is it that every time i ask for your e.mail you shy away it's like you're scared of something,you know you can have hundreds of e.mail adresses for free with hotmail or yahoo.

#204963 - 01/21/01 02:24 PM Re: Has anybody seen the new oriental X1
Ahmad Offline

Loc: Lebanon
I am not shy and scared to give my email address but the matter is that I don't like post my email to public, that's why I sent my address to your email, go and check your email.

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online