SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Topic Options
#204405 - 11/11/06 08:55 AM OT - Gas Price Fluctuations
GlennT Offline

Loc: Medina, OH, USA
I recently had a conversation with an activity director about gas prices since it is a primary reason why I'm raising my fees for '07. She told me she has a friend who works at a Speedway station and they always raise their prices on wednesday and lower them on saturday, as do most gas stations... relating to people getting their paychecks on thursdays and fridays.

I had always thought it was the opposite, but after observing for a few weeks, she was right. Check it out.

Glenn

#204406 - 11/11/06 10:30 AM Re: OT - Gas Price Fluctuations
Irishacts Offline

Loc: Ireland
What’s worse is amount of money the government is making in tax off that fuel.

Especially the tax on new cars which is preventing manufactures from being able to pass on the 25% in crease manufacturing costs of the Full Cell car.

My 2 cents.

Regards.
Sharp.

#204407 - 11/11/06 02:06 PM Re: OT - Gas Price Fluctuations
DonM Offline

Loc: Benton, LA, USA
Is it just a coincidence that gas prices were at their lowest in a year the day before the election, then jumped a dime the day after?
DonM

#204408 - 11/11/06 04:15 PM Re: OT - Gas Price Fluctuations
renig Offline

Loc: Canada
Here in Canada you can rely on it that gas prices will jump immediately before a long weekend.

Example: In Edmonton, gas prices have been 80 cents a litre for a number of weeks. Oh so predictably on Thursday this week the price jumped to 85 cents a litre, just in time for the Remembrance Day long weekend. Jeez, we should have the lowest prices in the country, we're literally floating on crude oil here.

Don't know if they do this in your neck of the woods, but another stunt 'big oil' pulls is this business of deducting 3.5 cents per litre at the pump. They all do it so - why? Just put the bloody price on the sign and leave it at that.

There, I feel better now. :-)

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online