SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 >
Topic Options
#204187 - 09/02/06 05:08 AM What if Casio introduced THE revolutionary keyboard?
SemiLiveMusic Offline

Loc: Louisiana, USA
Would you play it on gigs? Would you cover up the name?

Of all the manufacturers, it might be that Casio could possibily pull it off... a 76-key lightweight arranger with the most universally accepted feature set to date... at an incredible price.

One keeps thinking that one of the industry leaders will announce the killer arranger that doesn't have some obvious glaring weakness but it hasn't happened yet. Casio, seems to me, could pull it off. That would be something.

------------------
Bill
Yamaha PSR2000

#204188 - 09/02/06 06:57 AM Re: What if Casio introduced THE revolutionary keyboard?
DonM Offline

Loc: Benton, LA, USA
I'd use it in a minute if it did what I wanted.
DonM

PS: Bill, do you want to go with me today?

#204189 - 09/02/06 07:34 AM Re: What if Casio introduced THE revolutionary keyboard?
MrEd Offline

As Don said, me too.
As a matter of fact, it would be pretty cool seeing as Casio is always rated at the light end or less professional...
when people heard greatness and saw the name Casio, they would have to think, that guy sure is talented

Kind of like a pro bowler just grabbing a bowling ball off the rack and beating eveyone in the house that has their own personal, customized equipment.

I always liked my Casio boards, a lot!
I think Casio gets an unfair rap.
Of course there is limitations there but you get more than you paid for.

#204190 - 09/02/06 07:38 AM Re: What if Casio introduced THE revolutionary keyboard?
ViLo Offline

Loc: Dallas Tx., USA
It could happen!

The technology and resources are there!

------------------
www.tagworld.com/vicentelopez

HE'S COMING, MAKE MUSIC, GET READY! smile

#204191 - 09/02/06 07:43 AM Re: What if Casio introduced THE revolutionary keyboard?
SemiLiveMusic Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by DonM:
I'd use it in a minute if it did what I wanted.
DonM

PS: Bill, do you want to go with me today?

Yep, but I can't, I got a gig. Actually, hmmm, I might go for awhile with you since yours is early. Lemme think on that, I'll call if so.

------------------
Bill
Yamaha PSR2000

#204192 - 09/02/06 07:55 AM Re: What if Casio introduced THE revolutionary keyboard?
squeak_D Offline

Loc: West Virginia
I can easily see Casio doing it. The MZ-2000 was proof enough of Casio taking a lead. The MZ has many featurs that rivaled the PRS-740.

Just look at their newer models they have out now. Compare the WK's with the YPG's. There are quite a few features the WK's have that the YPG's don't that are very useful such as voice voice editing, drawbars, way more indepth DSP's, Pitch and Mod wheels (of good quality too), and one HUGE FEATURE that's unheard of in the price range, and that's the ability to load in new samples. NO current Yamaha arranger under the Tyros2 has the ability to do that.

I think Casio has the ability to do it, but it would place the board in a much higher price range than the typical Casio. Folks were not ready for the MZ-2000. It was a Casio that cost over $1,000 with more "pro" features. The newbies didn't take to it because of all the features they weren't familiar with, and the Pro's laughed at it just because it was a Casio.

Time will tell.

Squeak
GEAR: Yamaha MOXF-6, Casio MZX-500, Roland Juno-Di, M-Audio Venom, Roland RS-70, Yamaha PSR S700, M-Audio Axiom Pro-61 (Midi Controller). SOFTWARE: Mixcraft-7, PowerTracks Pro Audio 2013, Beat Thang Virtual, Dimension Le.

#204193 - 09/02/06 07:57 AM Re: What if Casio introduced THE revolutionary keyboard?
SemiLiveMusic Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by squeak_D:

I think Casio has the ability to do it, but it would place the board in a much higher price range than the typical Casio.

But what if? What if they built this absolutely kickbutt keyboard and it was priced competitively or maybe even a bargain. That would get interesting.

------------------
Bill
Yamaha PSR2000

#204194 - 09/02/06 08:01 AM Re: What if Casio introduced THE revolutionary keyboard?
MrEd Offline

Bill,
Grab that model and do a video.
You'd be all over YouTube and the ohers.
I can see it now "The little Casio that could"

Bill, could you handle all that publicity?
The next person that comes along with their video of Swan Lake (part Allegro simplice - Presto) being played on a slide whistle will have 80,0000 viewing hits and 1000+ will want to buy his music

[This message has been edited by MrEd (edited 09-02-2006).]

#204195 - 09/02/06 08:07 AM Re: What if Casio introduced THE revolutionary keyboard?
squeak_D Offline

Loc: West Virginia
I'd buy it in a heartbeat! I've been waiting for them to release something to replace the MZ-2000. Geez they could release the MZ-3000, keep the same body, and update the sounds and styles, add a USB port, and they'd still have a killer arranger. The MZ still blows away the PSR's in voice editing, it still holds over the PSR's for real-time control (it has 9 sliders for drawbar control and other functions), had an arpeggiator, and other very useful features. Even though it didn't have a vocalizer it had a mic input with separate volume control and effects assigned to the mic jack.

Squeak

[This message has been edited by squeak_D (edited 09-02-2006).]
GEAR: Yamaha MOXF-6, Casio MZX-500, Roland Juno-Di, M-Audio Venom, Roland RS-70, Yamaha PSR S700, M-Audio Axiom Pro-61 (Midi Controller). SOFTWARE: Mixcraft-7, PowerTracks Pro Audio 2013, Beat Thang Virtual, Dimension Le.

#204196 - 09/02/06 08:11 AM Re: What if Casio introduced THE revolutionary keyboard?
travlin'easy Online   happy

Loc: Forest Hill, MD USA
If it was considerably better than what I'm currently using I would buy a pair of them. Thus far, IMO, Casio has not come close.

Cheers,

Gary

------------------
Travlin' Easy

K+E=W (Knowledge Plus Experience = Wisdom.)

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 >

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online