SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Topic Options
#204108 - 11/01/05 11:38 AM Scottyee - Freehand monitor system ?
vclocke Offline

Loc: riverside, ca, usa
Scott,
Hopefully you will see this !

Have you upgraded your music "monitor" (Freehand) software to 4.0 ? Or did you buy it with the 4.0 upgrade ? Either way - is the 4.0 software upgrade what the manufacturer said it would be ? How is the Midi and MP3 playing capability ? I have read your reviews of the system but don't remember if you had 4.0 upgrade. I would appreciate your comments.

Thanks,

vc

------------------
Vern

#204109 - 11/01/05 03:03 PM Re: Scottyee - Freehand monitor system ?
Scottyee Offline

Loc: San Francisco Bay Area, CA, US...
Hi Vern. 4.0 isn't available yet. According to Freehand Systems, they ran into some unexpected programming glitches, but that they're now undergoing the final 4.0 beta testing phase, and hoping to have it available for public release in time for Christmas.

Though I'm disappointed for such a long delayed 4.0 release, 3.14 remains rock stable, and continues to function well for me. I still love my MusicPad Pro+ and having all my music conveniently stored in digital format, all in one place, organized, and very quickly called up. I still think the MusicPad Pro+ remains the best music hardware investment I've made. It'll be interesting to see if Tyros2 can top that. - Scott

#204110 - 11/01/05 11:08 PM Re: Scottyee - Freehand monitor system ?
vclocke Offline

Loc: riverside, ca, usa
Thanks Scott,

I am going to purchase the MP Pro - but as Freehand has advertised the 4.0 software, I was really looking forward to the Mid and MP3 capability particularly without having to upgrade it aftermarket. I guess I could get started on loading it with music though. Did you buy yours through Freehand or through a dealer (ie., Music123.com or someone else). Do you have any idea how the Mid or MP3 is going to work (as in will the MP have a new output to go to the keyboard or amp - have you talked to Freehand about this ? Thanks for your comments Scott. Hoping to get up in your area after the holidays - maybe a chance to take in one of your performances.

Thanks Again,

vc

------------------
Vern

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online