SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Topic Options
#203501 - 06/28/03 11:13 PM Separate outs controlled by a master slider
Uncle Dave Offline

Loc: Penn Yan, NY
Someone posted a while back, that the separate outputs on their kb took the sounds OUT of the mix that was controlled by the master slider. I never realized it till just this week, but the PA80 allows you to asign 4 discrete outputs to an external mixer and the instruments still follow the master volume slider on the kb.

That's generally not how it works, but hey ! That's what someone wanted in their Ketron kn .... the PA has it. Surprise !

#203502 - 06/30/03 05:38 AM Re: Separate outs controlled by a master slider
Tom Cavanaugh Offline

Loc: Muskegon, MI
U.D. I think that is exactly the way my X1 works. I can even assign individule drum parts to their own output to kick them up a notch.

Tom

#203503 - 06/30/03 06:14 AM Re: Separate outs controlled by a master slider
Uncle Dave Offline

Loc: Penn Yan, NY
Are you sure the volume slider controles the AUX outs too? If I remember correctly .... that was the beef in the original post. Only the "main mix" sounds changed with the volume slider.

#203504 - 06/30/03 12:17 PM Re: Separate outs controlled by a master slider
Gord Offline

Loc: Kelowna,British Columbia,Canad...
Hi U.D.
-Your correct-on my SD1, The Mic 1/Mic 2 Aux outputs are not controlled by the master slider. The only 'extra' you can get is internal Vocalizer can be sent with Mic l to the Aux Mic 1 output. I'm using a digitech Vocalist VR-so this arrangement is of no help.It would have been great if Ketron could have supplied one separate Aux Mic output - to include internal effects.The SD1 can be set up so the mic has no effects included when the arranger is off. Of course this feature is only available when Mic info is mixed in the main output controlled by the Master Slider. Had Ketron supplied a separate aux mic output with effects, it would have been great-cause I would have used it & then I would not have to use a separate effects on/off footswitch.

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online