SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 4 of 4 < 1 2 3 4
Topic Options
#203495 - 02/25/04 02:25 PM Re: View my VIDEO CLIP ! SF Chinese New Year Festival Performance
Scottyee Offline

Loc: San Francisco Bay Area, CA, US...
Quote:
Originally posted by Dnj:
We are all different, we act different, we feel & perform music differently then each other. But however you do it ...make it come from the heart and you better make it sound and look professional to the audience.

You stated it perfectly here in a nutshell. Come on Donny, any chance you can post a short video clip of you performing onstage soon? I'd really would LOVE the chance to see it. - Scott

#203496 - 02/25/04 02:33 PM Re: View my VIDEO CLIP ! SF Chinese New Year Festival Performance
Dnj Offline

Scott....

I have no means to record a video at this time. But you never know in the future what will turn up. I'll make sure your the first to know...

------------------
www.donnypesce.com

#203497 - 02/25/04 03:01 PM Re: View my VIDEO CLIP ! SF Chinese New Year Festival Performance
ziggy Offline

Loc: Malta
Hi Scott just to let you know I did look at the video, nice work. Others said it already so less words from me.

I would like to join a bit on this subject of entertaining.
I have been reading all the posts on this thread, well almost!! Cause I don't have that much spare time.

This is an interesting subject and I think me being performing at least 5 days a week for over 15 years well I guess I have a little bit of first hand experience on this subject.

I think it would be wrong to say midi files and live music and this and that counts, when you perform, the first and utmost important thing is to first see what the people want, and that is the trickiest part of an entertainer, if you DON'T manage to get your crowd in the atmosphere of entertaining themselves along with you, then you can be the most talented musician and the most talented singer, at the end of the night you’re a failure, people talk on how they enjoyed themselves only if they where part of your show, or by dancing to the music they loved.

If you don't entertain then you are a failure for sure, I have been to places where there where very good singers and players but still people left because all the performers did was play and sing for themselves, and that in my opinion is wrong, you are on stage to entertain and that is the number one priority, along with the singing or playing.

When I first stated performing I use to just play singalongs I was never a singer, but even at that stage, even though I didn't sing I managed to get people to sing along and it was great, time changed and so had we, I had to start singing now cause people weren’t satisfied with just music, they wanted a singer as well, so we had to adapt to that situation, and so ARE MIDIFILES and KARAOKE MP3 they are there cause the trend is there and if you want to compete then you have to use them, in the real world it is not us who set the wheel rolling, but the public, it's no good putting your head in the sand in this business, if you want to survive you have to be up to date, that's why people like Uncle Dave , Scott, Me to name just a few always changing gear, perhaps those of you who do it for pleasure don't understand this but that's the way things go in the real show business

I use my break to talk with people to see what they like and if any request I do my best to play for them, we all have our favorite music but you have to just keep it at low profile.

This all round up to just one thing, people are not there to judge how good player or singer you are, but they are there to have a good night out, if you entertained them well you'll know it because they will show it for sure, so I think this is not a matter of playing midi file or styles or karaoke.

This is entertainment and believe me there are a lot of great musicians out there, so I guess you have to be more of an entertainer than a musician in this business. When I am at home I play what I like best but only at home I do that.
Well I think I said more than enough for tonight.

Once again well done Scott.

Tony.

Page 4 of 4 < 1 2 3 4

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online