SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 3 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >
Topic Options
#203356 - 11/14/05 01:21 PM Re: Unable to Install Tyros 2 Midi-USB Driver in Computer
BEBOP Offline

Loc: San Jose, California
Quote:
Originally posted by abacus:
If you use the Windows Automatic updates it will only download and install the critical updates, not any software or hardware updates, so do a manual custom check on the Windows update site. The latest Direct X is 9c.
The descriptions you have given indicate that the Yamaha driver has not installed correctly either due to a conflict or incompatibilities with Windows XP, I have also noticed in previous posts that the latest version is 2.1.4 were as yours is 1.1.4 and so this may be the cause of the problem.
My recommendation therefore is to get the latest driver possible and see if that works.
I will be back online later tonight (I live in the UK) so if you’re on Skype you can give me a call and we can talk through a few things to see if we can solve the problem. (Skype is free to download and free to use www.skype.com )
Skype name. abacusks1
Hope this helps.

Bill

I just updated direct x to 9 C.
the driver version is a typo.
It is 2.1.3 that came on the disc.
There are upgrades on the net to 2.1.4 and 2.1.5. I did download them but this computer install wizard would not let me access the folders on the hard drive they were in to install them.
This 2.1.3 installed in the Toshiba laptop without problem.
I do not have skype, as I have not got around to buying a headset yet.
Telephones are not a priority for me as I don't hear very well anymore. Too many years of loud music
Thanks for your help
Bill

#203357 - 11/14/05 01:33 PM Re: Unable to Install Tyros 2 Midi-USB Driver in Computer
abacus Offline

Loc: English Riviera, UK
I have just emailed you the latest driver from Yamaha UK, however in case it doesn’t get through here is the link. It is version 2.1.5.
Create a folder marked Yamaha on the desktop and unzip the files to this folder, then open the folder and read the read me file before installing. http://www.yamaha-europe.com/yamaha_euro....php?country=uk

Bill

#203358 - 11/14/05 01:42 PM Re: Unable to Install Tyros 2 Midi-USB Driver in Computer
rikkisbears Offline

Loc: NSW,Australia
Hi,
probably not much help as my laptop was only windows 98 and the driver I was trying to install was for a Yamaha Clavinova.

My laptop was functioning perfectly with my kn7000. Then I bought my Clavinova I installed the driver. Couldn't get it to work. I uninstalled my KN7 setup, driver etc. and I'm 99% sure that when I reinstalled the driver for the Clavinova , it worked.
It was more important for me to have the KN7 connected via usb to the laptop, than it was the Clavinova, so I can only assume I removed the yamaha usb driver and reinstalled the kn7.
I ended up connecting the Clavinova to the laptop via a serial cable & cbx driver.

I checked my old win 98 laptop. My kn7 software is still in there but I can't see any of the Clavinova software , which leads me to beleive I took it out for a good reason.

This all happened over 18 months ago , so memory is a bit sketchy.

I don't think I ever got round to trying to install both drivers into my current xp laptop, only the usb driver for the clav.

I don't understand the differences between the operating systems of win98 & xp, so what happened to me, may be of no relavence.

One thing though, I'm not terribly good with computers, but I don't give up easily, so I would have tried all sorts of scenario's installing & uninstalling the drivers. Hopefully it was just my lack of knowledge and that xp will work with both drivers installed.

best wishes
Rikki

Korg PA5X 88 note
SX900
Band in a Box 2022

#203359 - 11/14/05 03:47 PM Re: Unable to Install Tyros 2 Midi-USB Driver in Computer
BEBOP Offline

thanks for that update Rikki, We may yet find that your information is correct and will have to delete technics to install Yamaha. I hope not because I will have both keyboards.

Bill Abacus.
Your driver arrived here but it was marked a virus by Mail Washer and even though I made your addy a Friend it would still not download it from the server and in fact deleted it.
However...........
I finally got an email from my complaint to Yamaha mailed last Thursday the 10th and they sent me a url for a website where I downloaded a new driver that is 2.1.6 and was just released on the 7th of NOV.
I will let you know if this works or not.
LATER: I did everything exactly as you said and installed the new 2.1.6 and absolutely nothing changed. It is installed, it is enabled but it doesn't function.
Gone to supper
thanks for your help,
Bebop

[This message has been edited by BEBOP (edited 11-14-2005).]

#203360 - 11/15/05 01:32 AM Re: Unable to Install Tyros 2 Midi-USB Driver in Computer
abacus Offline

Loc: English Riviera, UK
Windows XP is based on the Windows NT platform rather then the Dos platform of 98.
1. Uninstall the Yamaha driver from Device Manager.
2. Locate all drivers relating to Technics in Device Manager, Right click them and select disable.
3. Restart the computer and follow the instructions in the read me file that came with the Yamaha driver.
4. If this works then you can re-enable the Technics drivers, Restart the computer and then see if it continues to work, if it now stops working then you will need to disable the Technics driver whenever you need to use the Yamaha program. (You could also setup two separate hardware Profiles, 1 for the Technics and 1 for the Yamaha and then choose which you require at start up)
5. If the above fails then you will probably need to uninstall the Technics driver, load in the Yamaha driver, and then re-install the Technics driver.
6. You can also try getting in touch with your local computer help centre, explain to them the problems and they may be able to talk you through various diagnostic procedures.
Hope this helps.

Bill

#203361 - 11/17/05 06:41 AM Re: Unable to Install Tyros 2 Midi-USB Driver in Computer
BEBOP Offline

I finally got a reply from Yamaha Service Yesterday and they sent me a 10 page manual to uninstall any Yam drivers already installed and also attached a new Driver as an .exe file that my computer mail program M S Outlook blocked as a possible virus. I replied to Yam and ask them to resend the driver as something other then an .exe program, like change the suffix or zip it or what ever. NO REPLY.
The file attached that was deleted was Driver version 2.1.5. I thought that odd as a different CS rep had sent me a website the day before to go and download v 2.1.6.
I asked the last CS rep why but as I said no reply yet.
Am I confused yet. Quite a bit. Tomorrow the keyboard will be here two weeks and I think I have played it but mostly i have been trying to get the support software for it installed on my computer. I didn't just want another keyboard to play. I have 10 more in here that I can just play
End of latest report.
BEBOP

#203362 - 11/17/05 07:20 AM Re: Unable to Install Tyros 2 Midi-USB Driver in Computer
Fran Carango Offline

Loc: Levittown, Pa, USA
Whenever I have a problem installing a driver or program, I defeat[turn off] my virus protection and everything installs properly...Usually the viruss protection causes a code 10 error when installing software[in conflict]..

#203363 - 11/17/05 07:22 AM Re: Unable to Install Tyros 2 Midi-USB Driver in Computer
Bernie9 Offline

Loc: Port Charlotte,FL,USA
Bill
What about lowering you security temporarily to get your .exe file ?

#203364 - 11/17/05 07:25 AM Re: Unable to Install Tyros 2 Midi-USB Driver in Computer
BEBOP Offline

Thanks Fran,
I always do that whenever I install any app or driver.
It begins to look like the problem could be the Technics Drivers and apps that were created before xp SP2 and may have to be deleted. The Yam software did install on the new Toshiba Satellite Laptop with xp media edition and no technics programs or drivers installed on it.
Bebop

#203365 - 11/17/05 07:38 AM Re: Unable to Install Tyros 2 Midi-USB Driver in Computer
BEBOP Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by Bernie9:
Bill
What about lowering you security temporarily to get your .exe file ?

HI BERNIE,
changing security settings doesn't change the way outlook is set up to work, See below:
I received a message with an attachment, but I can't see or open the attachment

By default, Microsoft Outlook blocks attachment files ( such as .bat, .exe, .vbs, and .js) that can contain viruses. You cannot see or access the attachments. Your Inbox will display the paperclip icon in the Attachment column to let you know that the message has an attachment, and you will see a list of the blocked attachment files in the InfoBar at the top of your message. If you try to open the attachment by right-clicking the item, View Attachments will not appear on the shortcut menu. If you need to use files, such as .exe files, from others, have them post the files to a network share or to a Web share that you can access.

Page 3 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online