SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 2 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >
Topic Options
#203346 - 11/12/05 10:03 PM Re: Unable to Install Tyros 2 Midi-USB Driver in Computer
BEBOP Offline

Loc: San Jose, California
Quote:
Originally posted by travlin'easy:
Bill,

I don't believe there is a driver available for XP Home Media Center Edition. This may be the problem. You may want to call Yamaha and check this out.

Good Luck,

Gary

Gary,
The Toshiba Laptop computer has the midia center OS in it and the driver and the voice editor installed in it without problem and work fine.
It is the Desktop Sony VAIO that it won't install in and it has XP Home OS.
Bebop

Rikki,
I have never had two keyboards hooked into the computer through USB at the same time.
In the old days we used to hook up several through a midi patch bay processor. I think I had 7 hooked up at once. that was when we layed down one track at a time and usually from a different keyboard. thankfully those days have come and gone. It was really labor intensive and not a lot of fun
I have now spent 5 days on this problem and concluded that I don't want to waste any more time on it. Today I just decided to play and play and play and that is what I did all afternoon. There are some fine styles in this keyboard.
Tomorrow I will try to find the record button and record something. I can't record into the computer without a usb midi driver but I have a usb Disk drive I can hook up to it and I also have a Cigar USB Flash drive that is 256MB. So I am not stranded. Maybe by the time I get back to it someone else will he worked out the problem.
I am convinced now that the problem is in the registry. I did some hacking there today but apparently not enough as it still dont work. Oh Well,
Happy Sunday to all.
BEBOP

[This message has been edited by BEBOP (edited 11-12-2005).]

#203347 - 11/13/05 02:56 AM Re: Unable to Install Tyros 2 Midi-USB Driver in Computer
abacus Offline

Loc: English Riviera, UK
Word of warning for those that are wanting to modify the Registry, DO A BACKUP FIRST or if using XP CREATE A RESTORE POINT, as if you make a mistake you could completely ruin your Operating System, which in the worse case scenario, would mean a total reinstall of the system.
If you having problems with the system crashing when you run certain programs or drivers and are using XP, then send off the error report to Microsoft as the error box suggests, as if it is a known problem then a web page will open telling you the best way to cure it.
If you suspect a driver problem the first place you should go is Device Manager and check to see if there are any problems showing up, and thus narrowing the scope for identifying the cause.
If above is OK then open the Administrative tools in the control panel and select Event Viewer, then double click any errors in the hardware or software sections to find the probable cause for it.
Another option is to uninstall the problem drivers and programs, do a Clean Boot (This is not the same as safe mode) and then install them, if they then work OK, reset to Standard Boot.
Another tip is to try installing drivers with and without the keyboards connected, although normally you install the driver first and then plug the keyboard in. Also don’t leave your keyboard plugged in when starting the computer, wait until it is up and running.
Hope this helps.

Bill

#203348 - 11/13/05 09:13 AM Re: Unable to Install Tyros 2 Midi-USB Driver in Computer
msutliff Offline

Loc: Cottage Grove, MN, USA
Hey Bebop,

Just wondering out loud here....I see that Yamaha Japan has a new USB-Midi driver on their site as of last Friday, the 11th.

http://www.yamaha.co.jp/product/syndtm/dl/driver/usb-midi/

Not sure if it's compatible with what you are doing but you could compare files with what came on the CD.

-mike

#203349 - 11/13/05 09:26 AM Re: Unable to Install Tyros 2 Midi-USB Driver in Computer
TomTomSF Offline

Loc: Half Moon Bay, CA, USA
These Yamaha USB drivers seems to get revised/updated every other month or so. I guess it is in response to all the many people who have had problems with the driver? I have read on another forum that version 2.1.4 is considered the most stable. It is the one that works for me. It is interesting to note that Yamaha labelled version 2.1.5 as the Windows XP SP2 compatible version. I run Service Pack 2 on my computers and the prior version (2.1.4) works just fine.

I do not have any other MIDI USB drivers installed except for a MidiSport 2x2 driver.

Tom G.

#203350 - 11/14/05 08:14 AM Re: Unable to Install Tyros 2 Midi-USB Driver in Computer
BEBOP Offline

I spent the entire weekend following up on all the good solid advice posted here but no results to report. I am still unable to get this driver enabled to work properly. Must be a conflict with other drivers, possible Earthlink and all their crappy software they keep putting in my computer and/or the Technics drivers.
Any new ideas for today?
No response from Yamaha yet although I notified them Last Thursday
BEBOP

#203351 - 11/14/05 09:33 AM Re: Unable to Install Tyros 2 Midi-USB Driver in Computer
abacus Offline

1. What errors were showing up in Device Manager and or Event Viewer?
2. Open up System Information from the System Tools Folder, and on the Tools Menu run the Direct X Diagnostic tool, and see if this finds any errors.
3. Make sure you have the latest version of Direct X
4. Uninstall the Yamaha and Technics drivers, then load the Yamaha drivers in first, to see if it is now recognised, if not then there is no conflict with the Technics driver, if however it does work, then load in the Technics driver and see if the problem returns, this will identify whether there really is any conflicts between the 2 drivers.
Point to Note it may be the Technics driver that is the problem, as I believe this was written before Win XP SP2 was released.
The drivers for XP Home/Pro/Media centre are all the same; the only difference between them is the features offered.
Hope this helps.

Bill

#203352 - 11/14/05 10:38 AM Re: Unable to Install Tyros 2 Midi-USB Driver in Computer
BEBOP Offline

HI BILL,
the computer info window tells me the driver is installed, enabled but not functioning properly.
This computer has the latest version of everything all done auto
Event viewer shows about 50 times that the driver is not working. I clicked on the MS url in there and the MS page told me they had no info regarding this problem
The device list doesn't show any problem unless you open up the driver and check on properties and it doesn't have any
the properties has two circles on it but no text alongs side of the circles but the top circle is selected. Clicking on the setting button doesn't do anything.
I installed the exact same driver in the Laptop Media center and it works fine. the cd only has one driver on it that is V 1.1.3.
You are correct in that the Technics Drivers came out before the SP 2 update of XP HOme. they work fine but could be a conflict with the Yam Driver. The Laptop does not yet have the Technics programs and drivers installed in it. It is a lot of work to take them out and install and take them out etc. so I have put that off as a last resort. I think I am just about at that last resort.
I will look into the ACTIVE X diagnostic tool that I was not aware of. Thanks for your help.
Best to you and yours,
Bebop ALSO BILL

#203353 - 11/14/05 11:31 AM Re: Unable to Install Tyros 2 Midi-USB Driver in Computer
abacus Offline

If you use the Windows Automatic updates it will only download and install the critical updates, not any software or hardware updates, so do a manual custom check on the Windows update site. The latest Direct X is 9c.
The descriptions you have given indicate that the Yamaha driver has not installed correctly either due to a conflict or incompatibilities with Windows XP, I have also noticed in previous posts that the latest version is 2.1.4 were as yours is 1.1.4 and so this may be the cause of the problem.
My recommendation therefore is to get the latest driver possible and see if that works.
I will be back online later tonight (I live in the UK) so if you’re on Skype you can give me a call and we can talk through a few things to see if we can solve the problem. (Skype is free to download and free to use www.skype.com )
Skype name. abacusks1
Hope this helps.

Bill

#203354 - 11/14/05 01:01 PM Re: Unable to Install Tyros 2 Midi-USB Driver in Computer
Craig_UK Offline

Loc: UK
BEBOP I sent you a file containing the USB release I got to work.
Did you receive it/not have any luck with this?

#203355 - 11/14/05 01:16 PM Re: Unable to Install Tyros 2 Midi-USB Driver in Computer
BEBOP Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by Craig_UK:
BEBOP I sent you a file containing the USB release I got to work.
Did you receive it/not have any luck with this?

Craig,
I thot I saw something from you but before i could mark you as friend in Mail washer you got deleted. Please send again.
Thanks,
Bebop

Page 2 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online