SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Topic Options
#203085 - 09/15/00 12:02 AM New ideas on Variphrase use
Mister M Offline

Loc: Italy
Hi All!!
I'm a professional musician (I work in Italy), I've just bought a new Roland VA7 and I find it fantastic. Now, I've already begun to enter in Variphrase world recording and using new vocal phrases, it's really incredible what you are able to do with this new technology! I've recorded some simple phrases taken from classical music (I listened to a Roland demo that gave me the idea!), I've used "Alleluja" by Haendel (I've asked my girlfriend to sing "Alleluja" keeping the same tune), then I've created a classic layer (strings+timpani+brass+choir) applying new "Alleluja" phrase: well, I couldn't believe...the sound impact was the same of a great classical orchestra with a big polyphonic choir! Try by yourself!
Well, I'd like to discuss about new Variphrase application exchanging original ideas, best applications and so on.
Now I'm going to record some famous song refrains (I think to Let it be, Imagine, Happy day, Oh when the Saints...), I want to create some user programs linked to Variphrase that will allow me to sing with a backtrack choir. I'll tell you more...

#203086 - 09/15/00 07:25 AM Re: New ideas on Variphrase use
Clif Anderson Offline

Thanks Mister M.

My feeling has been that Variphrase has been underestimated here. Most of us do not want to construct complex multisamples. Variphrase gives us a way to make user samples extend over a wider range while keeping the timing constant. This can be useful for all types of samples, but particularly vocal and natural sounds. There is a vast library of .wav files on the Internet that would be more musically useful on a Variphrase machine.

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online