Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 4 of 4 < 1 2 3 4
Topic Options
#202971 - 09/12/06 07:54 AM Re: Kayes Music Scene Website
Scottyee Offline

Loc: San Francisco Bay Area, CA, US...
Quote:
Originally posted by George Kaye:
I can remember my dad getting a phone call on a Sunday afternoon from Danny asking him to fly up to San Francisco for dinner at a Chinese Restaurant Danny loved to eat at time after time.

Hi George, I'm betting that the San Francisco Chinese Restaurant your Father & Danny dined at is The Mandarin , the well known by San Franciscans as Mr. Kaye's favorite, with pics of him, and other legendary chefs (James Beard & Chuck Williams (of Williams-Sonoma) & celebs adorning a wall. Though no longer run by Cecilia Chiang , longtime associate & a Chinese cooking instructor of Mr. Kaye's, The Mandarin remains in business today. I too remember my parents taking me to "The Mandarin" when I was a kid. It was indeed a memorable dining experience, which included (from Ghiradelli Square) a terrific view of the San Francisco Bay & Alcatraz Island.

Scott

#202972 - 09/12/06 10:22 AM Re: Kayes Music Scene Website
George V Offline

Loc: Sofia
Nice looking site! In my opinion such design is more sutable for promoting your stora rather than selling keyboards & other stuff.

Our local keyboard store (the only store in the city) looks like 1/10th of the size of Kaye's music scene.

I wish you good luck managing your store and web site.

What is missing is the site copyright information. Did you build it yourself or you asked somebody else?

Regards,
George

#202973 - 09/12/06 11:15 AM Re: Kayes Music Scene Website
captain Russ Offline

Loc: Lexington, Ky, USA
Way to go, George! Sent you an email to the store requesting notice when you have SD-5's.

Plan to get it and a Yamaha 525? piano from you.

All the best,

Russ Lay

#202974 - 09/12/06 07:38 PM Re: Kayes Music Scene Website
George Kaye Offline

Loc: Reseda, California USA
Scott, Johnny Kan's restaurant was the first chinese restaurant I remember from San Francisco and I'm sure my dad and Danny also went to the Mandarin as well. What memories this brings up for me.
Russ, I thank you for your support and I have the Yamaha 525 in stock but the SD5 is not yet available in the USA.
George, one of my friends built this site for me using a host called 1 and 1. That's all I know at this point.

------------------
George Kaye
Kaye's Music Scene
Reseda, California
818-881-5566
www.kayesmusicscene.com
(Retired 2021)

#202975 - 09/13/06 06:03 AM Re: Kayes Music Scene Website
Tom Cavanaugh Offline

Loc: Muskegon, MI
George,

Sorry to say that I was in L.A. for a week in August and didn't get to see you. I wanted to but we were with another couple and they would have been bored out of their minds waiting for me to get out of your store. We were there for a wedding. Heaven knows my wife has spent hours waiting for me while I've been in music stores. Your web site looks great!

Tom

Tom

Page 4 of 4 < 1 2 3 4

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online