George,
The web page and your store look great.
Good Luck,

Jim

#202962 - 09/10/06 02:28 PM Re: Kayes Music Scene Website
George Kaye Offline

Loc: Reseda, California USA
Nigel,
I am starting out like this and then I will be adding a page of monthly specials for perhaps overstocked or discontinued items and for the showing off new models in the market place. Where this takes me I have no idea.
I'm so pleased the response from your members have been so positive so far.
George Kaye
Kaye's Music Scene
Reseda, California
(Retired 2021)

#202963 - 09/10/06 02:53 PM Re: Kayes Music Scene Website
Tony Rome Offline

Loc: Cozumel Mexico
Hey George...I love the photo that Scotty posted, is that really you????
TR

#202964 - 09/10/06 05:00 PM Re: Kayes Music Scene Website
George Kaye Offline

Yes, that is really me. And that's my dad to my right. My dad was the drummer and musical director for Danny Kaye (no relationship) from 1952 to 1969 which is the year Danny Kaye retired from entertaining. I was going to school at North Texas State University, studying music and playing trumpet. When I came home from school after my 2nd year my dad and I decided to start our store. I continued to go to school in LA and play trumpet in several big bands on weekends. Sadly, my dad died in 1976 and here I am, 36 years later, doing what I love!

------------------
George Kaye
Kaye's Music Scene
Reseda, California
818-881-5566
www.kayesmusicscene.com
(Retired 2021)

#202965 - 09/10/06 05:53 PM Re: Kayes Music Scene Website
GlennT Offline

Loc: Medina, OH, USA
Glad to see you're online, George. I'll be checking in once in awhile.

Glenn

#202966 - 09/10/06 05:54 PM Re: Kayes Music Scene Website
tony mads usa Offline

Loc: East Greenwich RI USA
George ... Great site ... great store ...
Best of Luck ...
t.

#202967 - 09/10/06 06:03 PM Re: Kayes Music Scene Website
Tony Rome Offline

Loc: Cozumel Mexico
Quote:
Originally posted by George Kaye:
Yes, that is really me. And that's my dad to my right. My dad was the drummer and musical director for Danny Kaye (no relationship) from 1952 to 1969 which is the year Danny Kaye retired from entertaining. I was going to school at North Texas State University, studying music and playing trumpet. When I came home from school after my 2nd year my dad and I decided to start our store. I continued to go to school in LA and play trumpet in several big bands on weekends. Sadly, my dad died in 1976 and here I am, 36 years later, doing what I love!

Great Story...your Dad would have been proud to know what you have done and accomplished since then.....I'll bet he was a hell of a man.....again, good luck....

TR

#202968 - 09/11/06 05:01 PM Re: Kayes Music Scene Website
korgfan Offline

Loc: tarzana, ca, usa
Congrad on the new website!
I have known George for such a long time. And I must admit he is one of the most knowledgeable people when it comes to arranger keyboards; I have never seen a sales man to be so passionate and so caring about his clients specially after the sale is done. For me, it is an honor to know him, and he is an important asset to our community. Thank you George for all the hard work.
F.F

#202969 - 09/12/06 03:13 AM Re: Kayes Music Scene Website
cgiles Offline

Loc: Roswell,GA/USA
Quote:
Originally posted by George Kaye:
My dad was the drummer and musical director for Danny Kaye (no relationship) from 1952 to 1969 which is the year Danny Kaye retired from entertaining.

George, that's interesting to me as both a old movie buff and an aviation enthusiast. As a former military pilot and private plane owner, I met Danny Kaye several times at aviation-related events (AOPA convention, airshows, and even coincidently at several airports). He was quite an aviation buff and was qualified in at least one model of Biz jet (Lear 35???). Proves the "6 degrees" theory, I guess.

Congrats on the very nice web site. After all the accolades, I can't help but feel that we'll probably do some business in the future.

chas

#202970 - 09/12/06 06:57 AM Re: Kayes Music Scene Website
George Kaye Offline

chas,
I can remember my dad getting a phone call on a Sunday afternoon from Danny asking him to fly up to San Francisco for dinner at a Chinese Restaurant Danny loved to eat at time after time. My Dad would say no most times because he had a family to be with but on occasion he would take the ride in Danny's jet. I think one of the planes I remember him flying was a jet commander. I used to drive to the Van Nuys airport with my mom to pick my dad up when they would return from a month playing at the Desert Inn in Las Vegas or from a month in Lake Tahoe. During my childhood, we would spend usually July or August in Las Vegas when Danny Kaye would perform in the main ballroom of the Desert Inn. It was a great life and Las Vegas was such a different place in the early 60's.
Thanks for bringing back some of these great memories I don't often think of anymore.

------------------
George Kaye
Kaye's Music Scene
Reseda, California
818-881-5566
www.kayesmusicscene.com
(Retired 2021)

Page 3 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online