SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Topic Options
#202887 - 08/24/04 09:54 AM PSR 3000
George Shaw Offline

Loc: Calgary Alberta Canada
I have a slimline external floppy drive plugged into the DEVICE port at the back of the PSR3000. Also I have a smart media memory card in the front slot of the PSR 3000. Basically I want to transfer the contents of my PSR 2000 disks into the smart memory card,but I do not know how to complete the exercise. Please help.Many thanks.

#202888 - 08/24/04 01:28 PM Re: PSR 3000
drdalet Offline

Loc: Amersfoort, Netherlands
I probably shouldn't answer this, because I haven't got the PSR3K yet and I would copy the files with my computer. But in your situation I would try the Backup procedure as described on page 75 of the owner's manual. You should be able to make a backup from a folder with styles (on the floppy) to a storage device (SM card).
I don't know if you can copy an entire floppy. I am curious though.

[This message has been edited by drdalet (edited 08-24-2004).]

#202889 - 08/24/04 02:30 PM Re: PSR 3000
R-F Offline

Loc: Berlin/ Germany
Hi,
do you have a card reader at your PC? So you can copy the data from the floppy to the card.
About style data: You can playback style data with the Windows media player, ignore the error message and listen to the style. Ok. it sounds quite strange, but for recognizing is it good enough and if not, you can play the data to a media or to the keyboard.

------------------
Regards
RF

#202890 - 08/24/04 06:16 PM Re: PSR 3000
travlin'easy Offline

Loc: Forest Hill, MD USA
George,

If your desktop computer will recognize your slimline hard drive, connect it to your desktop, then copy the floppy disk directly to the hard drive.

Next, connect the hard drive to the PSR-3000, then insert the card in the front. If you will be copying style files, select USER on the 3000, then tab over to the hard drive. Select (highlight) the styles you wish to copy to the Flash card, press copy, then tab to the flash card and press Paste. It's that simple.

Gary

K+E=W (Knowledge Plus Experience = Wisdom.)

#202891 - 08/24/04 11:35 PM Re: PSR 3000
leilatara Offline

Loc: Torrevieja, Alicante, Spain
Use the file utility called MusicSoft Downloader. It is linked on the CD that comes with the PSR-3000. Just insert the CD and let it autorun and from the resulting menu click on MusicSoft Downloader. This will take you to the Yamaha site where you can download the program. If you don't have the CD here is the link anyway: http://music.yamaha.com/productViewAllDownloads.html

When you have downloaded the file install it in the usual way and it should give you an icon on your desktop to run it.

It works fine and will transfer any files to and from the PSR via the USB link to PC. You must ensure that the PSR is switched on and that the USB cable is connected to the PC. Don't confuse this with MIDI cables or the USB device connection.

When the program is up and running you will see both the PSR storage available (User, Card, USB1, USB2, etc) and, in another area of the interface, the PC drives, folders and files. You can drill down into these and select the file(s) you wish to transfer.

The program calls the transfer "Move" and stores any selected files into a temporary storage area for you to move between the PC and the PSR.

No need to remove your SmartMedia card or thumbdrive or whatever else is used for storing your files on the PSR. MusicSoft Downloaded will happily transfer files between them at USB1.1 speed.

Have fun

#202892 - 08/25/04 02:51 PM Re: PSR 3000
drdalet Offline

Loc: Amersfoort, Netherlands
R-F, travlin'easy and leilatara you all do it with computers (like me), but I don't think that was what George meant.
So has anyone copied stylefiles on a floppy with a USB floppydrive attached to the PSR3000 to a SmartMediaCard in the SM-slot of the PSR3K? So without computers! Can you do that with the Backup feature? Style by style, folder by folder or perhaps all files?

------------------
drdalet

[This message has been edited by drdalet (edited 08-25-2004).]

#202893 - 08/25/04 05:06 PM Re: PSR 3000
travlin'easy Offline

Loc: Forest Hill, MD USA
Some of the folks in the UK and Spain have done this without any problems. I've seen their posts on the Synthzone before it crashed.

Gary

K+E=W (Knowledge Plus Experience = Wisdom.)

#202894 - 08/26/04 02:22 AM Re: PSR 3000
leilatara Offline

Loc: Torrevieja, Alicante, Spain
It works fine with Copy and Paste from floppy in USB port to Card or User area and vice versa.

Mike P

[This message has been edited by leilatara (edited 08-26-2004).]

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online