SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Topic Options
#202658 - 01/07/03 08:36 PM ProAudio: Which Effect is best for Vocal ?
Danny D Offline

Loc: West Los Angeles, CA, USA
Hello all,

I've been using the Mackie CFX 16 channel mixer which have built-in internal effect for vocal, and a QSC PLX 3400 amps for the main speakers. Thus, I still can't get a good strong effect for vocal when the whole band is playing. I am looking for an additional external effect such as Alesis Microverb, Quadverb or lexicon MP200... etc to add more effects for vocal such as more echo, delay, deep, & the richness of the singer voice ! Has anyone experience with these effects ,or this kind of matter to give me some advices ?

Thanks.

#202659 - 01/07/03 08:40 PM Re: ProAudio: Which Effect is best for Vocal ?
Dnj Offline

Danny,

Hang on there Uncle Dave is very knowledgable on this subject.I'm sure he can give you some answers asap.

------------------
www.donnypesce.com

[This message has been edited by Dnj (edited 01-07-2003).]

#202660 - 01/07/03 08:58 PM Re: ProAudio: Which Effect is best for Vocal ?
Fran Carango Offline

Loc: Levittown, Pa, USA
Danny, I use a CFX12 in a band situation and have no problem with effects[4 mics]. Are you sending enough effects to the main mix?[1st white knob in the effects section]..Fran

#202661 - 01/07/03 10:06 PM Re: ProAudio: Which Effect is best for Vocal ?
Uncle Dave Offline

Loc: Penn Yan, NY
I think the internal effects are probably better than the ones you mentioned as add ons. The Lexicon is the only one of the bunch that I like. I have a 500 and it's soooooo nice.
try this:
Set the internal effects to a muli-delay and use the Lexicon as a smooth, lush reverb. Avoid chorus on the voice and make sure the vocals come out ABOVE the band, the way they should. The audience needs to hear the words - they're not musicians, so they identify with spoken word more. Music soothes the savage beast, but singing gets the girls to swoon !

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online