SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Topic Options
#202633 - 05/25/03 02:10 PM Question for UncleDave
Derek Ladkin Offline

Loc: United Kingdom
Hi Uncle Dave,
At a UK show I recently exchanged my KN6500 for a Korg PA80 Elite.A friend with me also exchanged her KN7000 for the Korg. Both K/Bs were delivered together but mine had a fault and had to be returned to Korg. I have only just received it and my friend is now 10 days ahead on the Manual and practice. ( we are both home players ).She has come up against a problem and as she is not yet a member of Synth Zone ,I have a cunning plan.
I thought if you could give me an answer I could impress her with my swift knowledge and expertise in such a short time !
Her query is :
She is trying to create her own organ sounds using various elements and whilst in the edit section, assign the rotary speakers to the joy stick. She has not been able to do this and save the setting as a user voice.
Preset organ sounds that have been asigned to the joy stick work fine.
From you great experience I wondered if you could come up with an answer for me to pass on to her or is it not possible to do this with or without drawbars?
I'm very impressed with the styles and voices and hope to get the hang of all this technology soon.

Best wishes,

Derek

#202634 - 05/25/03 11:31 PM Re: Question for UncleDave
Uncle Dave Offline

Loc: Penn Yan, NY
Derek,
I'm the WORST one to ask about programing tips because i rarely own a keyboard long enough to get into the meat and potatoes of it's O/S. I reccomend that you start with an organ patch that already has the desired effect, and substitute the new tone and re-save it to a better location.

Hope this helps, although it's a vague response. I pretty much play them the way they come out of the box, and when I get bored ... I sell. Sorry I couln't help you more !

#202635 - 05/28/03 01:13 PM Re: Question for UncleDave
Derek Ladkin Offline

Loc: United Kingdom
Uncle Dave
Many thanks for your suggestion. I've passed on the information and from the sounds I heard I think she's got it !
Do you really get bored or do you wear them out It looks a neat set up.
Long may you continue to keep 'em dancing and hope the loads get lighter.

Cheers,

Derek

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online