SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Topic Options
#202615 - 07/26/07 07:29 PM MFC10 Foot Controller
donpatt Offline

Loc: Lufkin, TX.
I Group,

I'm using the MFC10 Controller w/T2 and midi accordion. Recently the #1 button ceased to function. First I thought perhaps the controller had lost its memory and that maybe I should reprogrram it. However, this doesn't seem to be the case. Every other switch does its job as set.

Second, I tried some tuner cleaner/lubricant a-la Radioshack with no success.

Any ideas? Has anyone ever opened up the unit and replaced a switch?

Thanks
Don P

#202616 - 07/27/07 04:30 AM Re: MFC10 Foot Controller
kbrkr Offline

Loc: Tampa, FL
Hi DonP,

I don't have experience with the MFC10, but if you move your gear around gigging, a lot of times malfunctions can be traced to a simple solder joint coming loose. I had this happen on the Main Outs of my Korg Triton Extreme.

With something like a pedal board, it's probably even more likely with the kicking and abuse it gets. You might want to try to open the case and have a look around. If it looks dastardly complex, close it up and bring it to the experts. If it looks like simple engineering, try to find the section of the PC board or wires connected to the 1st switch and see if you can refresh the solder joints with a hot soldering iron.

Be Brave my friend!
Al

Pa4x - LD Systems Maui 28 - Mackie Thumps

#202617 - 07/28/07 03:29 AM Re: MFC10 Foot Controller
donpatt Offline

Loc: Lufkin, TX.
Thanks Al,

Guess I'll give it a try. It doesn't look to complicated to get into, about ten screws. But after that, who knows?

Don P

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online