SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Topic Options
#202519 - 02/23/02 08:42 PM PSR2000 user style changes
RicRob Offline

Loc: Bethlehem, PA, USA
Trying to figure out if I am doing something wrong or if it is something that can't be done with the PSR2000.
Taking a style from the preset;
changing the voices to the various parts; changing the volumes; etc
and saving it in the user category.
Works fine as long as you stay in the user area after the initial changes but if you go to another sytle and come back to it, the changes made are no longer there - seems to revert back to the original sytle I started with.
I also am totally confused about files and folders - could this be part of my problem here?
One more question, I've e-mailed Yamaha with other questions I've had and they referred me to motifhelp.tripod. I've had no luck getting to this site - anyone else have same problem?
Any help appreciated - Thanks

#202520 - 02/23/02 09:00 PM Re: PSR2000 user style changes
jedi Offline

Loc: Merrimack, N.H.
HI RicRob,
The way it was explaned to me (by Yamaha) is that first you have to save a folder and then save the information to that folder. I don`t have a 2000 right now to try so if it works, let me know.
Good Luck!! I hope this helps.
jedi

#202521 - 02/23/02 09:08 PM Re: PSR2000 user style changes
Scottyee Offline

Loc: San Francisco Bay Area, CA, US...
Hi RicRob,

Are you sure you are actually SAVING your changes? To actually save (or write over an existing) User style you must go to:

Function>DigitalRecording>Style Creator>Assembly Tab>Save

Also, a style can ONLY be saved to the User Memory Style Section, not directly to a floppy. You can later copy/paste a style from the User Style Section to a floppy though.

Hope this helps.

- Scott

#202522 - 02/23/02 09:12 PM Re: PSR2000 user style changes
Scottyee Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by jedi:
The way it was explaned to me (by Yamaha) is that first you have to save a folder and then save the information to that folder.

This is not true. Folder creation is an option and NOT mandatory. You can save a style, song, or registration directly into the top (root) directory without creating a folder. - Scott

#202523 - 02/23/02 09:26 PM Re: PSR2000 user style changes
Uncle Dave Offline

Loc: Penn Yan, NY
Are you SURE about the registrations Scott? So far, every time I forgot to put them in a folder - they were lost on power down. I think they NEED to be in a folder. The songs and styles however, do not.

#202524 - 02/23/02 09:47 PM Re: PSR2000 user style changes
Scottyee Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by Uncle Dave:
Are you SURE about the registrations Scott?

YEP, it works on MY keyboard anyway. Though there are already 2 folders in my User Reg memory, I just created and stored a 'new' registration in the Reg User Root directory (not in a folder) and then shut down the KB and rebooted, and my new registration is STILL there. - Scott

#202525 - 02/23/02 11:31 PM Re: PSR2000 user style changes
Uncle Dave Offline

So, when you power up, you can just hit reg#1 and it is there? I have to go to the registration section - select the folder - go back out, and select the individual registration before I can begin.

#202526 - 02/24/02 09:27 PM Re: PSR2000 user style changes
RicRob Offline

Loc: Bethlehem, PA, USA
Scott
Thanks, you were right on - I wasn't saving properly.
One more problem solved, on to the next.

#202527 - 02/24/02 11:46 PM Re: PSR2000 user style changes
Scottyee Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by Uncle Dave:
So, when you power up, you can just hit reg#1 and it is there?

NO. You must first load your saved 'Registration Bank' at start up. I create a default' registration bank and save it in USER memory, but must always remember to load it first thing after powering the KB up. It's become automatic for me now.

Uncle Dave: I still don't understand why you are only able to store your Registration files if saved into folders. I have my default Registration file stored in the 'root directory' (not in a folder) of USER Registsration memory. - Scott

#202528 - 02/25/02 06:50 AM Re: PSR2000 user style changes
Uncle Dave Offline

SCott,
Maybe I'm calling the "registration memory banks" as FOLDERS. At power up - there are NO registrations loaded, right? Right.
So - you go into the "J" button to access the different Reg "folders?" and pick one - then you can select from the 8 reg buttons on the front panel.
Maybe I'm calling the "folders" by the wrong name, but they certainly look to be set up that way. Small point at best - I only use one anyway ... at least until more features can be remembered in them.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online