SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Topic Options
#202153 - 10/31/05 04:59 AM sluggish responses from T2
svpworld Offline

Loc: UK
I expect a few T2 owners have noticed that certain features of the new T2 appear to be sluggish, i.e. slower to respond to key presses. Fortunately the registrations, one touch settings and important performance features do not seem to suffer this. I noticed though that from the main screen, pressing the voice button, switching voice banks and mixer panel pages can take a fraction of a second to respond to button changes. I wonder if any other T2 owners have noticed this and is it worse than it was on Tyros 1 (I remember tyros 1 was similar). I know the PSR3000 responded quicker. Perhaps the CPU in T2 is beginning to feel stretched to its limits, as did happen when yamaha released the PSR730?

Simon

#202154 - 10/31/05 07:23 AM Re: sluggish responses from T2
Dnj Offline

do you think its a bug that can be corrected split second KB responses are critical on stage?

#202155 - 10/31/05 07:30 AM Re: sluggish responses from T2
svpworld Offline

Loc: UK
I dont think its a bug, its just the way the OS works. Certain actions take priority, and probably the screen display isnt one of them. I havent had any problems using registrations or OTS, but you might find doing a quick voice change manually on the panel without registrations requires a second or so of preplanning.

Simon

#202156 - 10/31/05 07:48 AM Re: sluggish responses from T2
keybplayer Offline

Loc: CA
On the Tyros within a Voice Bank e.g. "Piano" from the Main Menu and then going from Voice to Voice e.g. Live! Grand to Ballad Stack, etc. using the buttons there is no delay. When you go from different Voice Banks using the Panel buttons there is a very 'slight' delay but nothing in my opinion to really hinder a person's performance. When you are in a Voice Bank and use the Back/Next buttons to go to the User/Floppy or Hard Drive there is a also a very slight delay but it is minimal at best. In the Mixing Console when using the Mixing Console Panel button it is basically instantaneous as is going from Page to Page e.g. VOL/VOICE to FILTER to TUNE to EFFECTS etc. using the Back/Next buttons on the Panel.

I hope it doesn't end up to where the Tyros2 because of its expansive feature set is similar to what happened with the PSR 9000PRO in that there were so many features on the PRO that the CPU couldn't handle all the instructions in certain situations. And this was a documented fact with the 9000PRO confirmed by the Professionals [experts] under testing and by Users.

But chips keep getting faster and faster as time goes by so I see no reason why Yamaha couldn't or (didn't??) use a Chip {CPU} on the Tyros2 that could handle everything sent to it with ease seeing how CPU speeds basically double every 18 months {Moores Law}. So from 1999 when the PRO was released to basically 2006 when the Tyros2 is hitting the streets CPU speeds have dramatically increased. I do hope this is an anamoly with the Tyros2 that can be rectified with an OS update or perhaps within the settings of the current OS.

Here we go again...

Best regards,
Mike

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online