SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >
Topic Options
#201882 - 06/28/05 12:16 PM How many of us now own a Roland G 70
G Angel Offline

Loc: Ooltewah, Tn.
I have a Roland G 70 and I love it.

Please speak up if you have a G 70 so that others that want one can here what owners of one think about it.
If you don't own one please post some where else.
This topic is being started for those of us that have one.
One that they have spent a fair amount of time with the unit and not 30 min. in a store somewhere.
Thanks Gene

#201883 - 06/28/05 03:39 PM Re: How many of us now own a Roland G 70
KeithB Offline

Loc: Melbourne AUSTRALIA
I guess I will see you later!! Not yet quite an owner yet but committed with deposit paid and hope to take delivery in two weeks time.
Regards
Keith

#201884 - 06/28/05 05:09 PM Re: How many of us now own a Roland G 70
VegaVagga Offline

Loc: Miami, FL
I have one. Need to sit and work it up to make it usable. Even with the latest OS sounds are horrible for a keyboard in this class. It will certainly need lots of tweaking and setup before I can take it on a job.

Ugh....

#201885 - 06/28/05 05:25 PM Re: How many of us now own a Roland G 70
Dnj Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by VegaVagga:
I have one. Need to sit and work it up to make it usable. Even with the latest OS sounds are horrible for a keyboard in this class. It will certainly need lots of tweaking and setup before I can take it on a job.

Ugh....

Can you elaborate on the 'horrible sounds' a bit? also did you demo the G70 before you bought it?

#201886 - 06/28/05 06:24 PM Re: How many of us now own a Roland G 70
frankieve Offline

Loc: Milford, CT, USA
I have had one for a couple of months now and everyday I either can do with out it or love it,

Today I love it, we will se what tomorrow brings

#201887 - 06/28/05 07:07 PM Re: How many of us now own a Roland G 70
VegaVagga Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by Dnj:
Can you elaborate on the 'horrible sounds' a bit? also did you demo the G70 before you bought it?

They are dry and harsh sounding. Think early samplers. I didn't demo it before, I bought it in excitement that it finally came out (I know, I know...).

Anyway, the sounds sound stuffy and flat. I've had the KN7000, VEGA, PSR-3000, and the flagship Yamaha CVP-309 (piano-like Tyros). They ALL (!) have better, sweeter and more usable sounds for playing live. I am VERY disappointed with the cheap samples and sound library. I might end up eBaying the thing, unless I can get into the brain of the thing and spend time to set it up to get it to be moderatly good.

Shame on Roland! This could have been a DIAMOND! Maybe they can still fix it with a future OS? The sounds SUCK bigtime!

#201888 - 06/28/05 09:17 PM Re: How many of us now own a Roland G 70
JCkeeys Offline

Loc: St. James,New York,USA
I have a G70 for over 3 months and I am very satisfied!

I will repeat what I stated on another post with regard to the sounds. In the effects section there are settings for Master EQ and Compression. This can and will "change" the way this KB sounds!!I would suggest turning both off and giving that a try. Also many of the single touch settings are set up for layered sounds where UP1 is panned right and Up2 is panned left. If the one touch (in the menu + arranger settings section) is set to HOLD KB settings (un-check) when you go from 1-4 in the one touch you may be hearing sounds panned left or right.

All this may not change the minds of those who feel this KB is a dog (no offense to all you dog lovers, which I am one of). But give it a try next time you play a G70.

#201889 - 06/28/05 09:26 PM Re: How many of us now own a Roland G 70
Turnip Offline

Loc: Linköping, Sweden
I have had my G-70 for about 3 months, and I still think it's the best arranger keyboard on the market.

#201890 - 06/29/05 03:33 AM Re: How many of us now own a Roland G 70
VegaVagga Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by JCkeeys:
I have a G70 for over 3 months and I am very satisfied!

I will repeat what I stated on another post with regard to the sounds. In the effects section there are settings for Master EQ and Compression. This can and will "change" the way this KB sounds!!I would suggest turning both off and giving that a try. Also many of the single touch settings are set up for layered sounds where UP1 is panned right and Up2 is panned left. If the one touch (in the menu + arranger settings section) is set to HOLD KB settings (un-check) when you go from 1-4 in the one touch you may be hearing sounds panned left or right.

All this may not change the minds of those who feel this KB is a dog (no offense to all you dog lovers, which I am one of). But give it a try next time you play a G70.

I'm certainly willing to give it a try!

#201891 - 06/29/05 06:20 AM Re: How many of us now own a Roland G 70
ironhill Offline

Loc: NRW, Germany
Quote:
Originally posted by G Angel:
One that they have spent a fair amount of time with the unit.

Hallo,
I bought my G-70 6 month ago. In the meantime I worked on styles and sounds, so that I be quite satisfied with the result.
In all other cases the G-70, function and operating too, is an outstanding good product in my opinion.
Regards
Hanspeter

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online