SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Topic Options
#201877 - 03/26/06 03:38 PM Question for Abacus
Taike Offline

Loc: Xingyi, Guizhou (China)
Hi Bill,

Just wondering why you're selling your Abacus. Are you upgrading to another Wersi model?

In reference to Tornado...have you even played the XE-2? It does sound a lot like Wersi because it uses Akai samples, right? But I am not a fan of its sax. You're right that the demos are plain horrible. A better demonstrator would do wonders.

Taike

------------------
Khoi huk ngam sud tee huk kon diow.

#201878 - 03/26/06 11:42 PM Re: Question for Abacus
abacus Offline

Loc: English Riviera, UK
Hello Taike
I am currently in the process of moving, and this along with other commitments means the Abacus is getting little use. You are correct in that I will be purchasing a Larger Wersi Keyboard later in the year.
The XE 2 is a nice instrument if you want the Hammond Organ and some good quality samples, but compared to other similar instruments its specification is quite low. (Dam good sound though)
TMS, if you scroll down to the bottom, you will find the Solitaire Audio Demos, which are played professionally.

Bill

#201879 - 03/27/06 02:14 AM Re: Question for Abacus
Taike Offline

Loc: Xingyi, Guizhou (China)
Hi Bill,

Great! I was pretty sure that your eyes were set on a larger model. Let me guess: Xenios? I noticed that it doesn't come with pedals but those come perhaps as accessories? I am a huge fan of Wersi and had the pleasure of attending concerts by Klaus Wunderlich (also corresponded with Herr Wunderlich), Franz Lambert and Curt Prina. Lambert and Prina both played Flight of the Bumble Bee on the pedals.

---The XE 2 is a nice instrument if you want the Hammond Organ and some good quality samples, but compared to other similar instruments its specification is quite low. (Damn good sound though)---

My I ask what you mean by 'it's specification is quite low?' I guess you're referring to the Hammond XE 2? If so, my mistake as I meant the TMS VENUS Expander System EX-2.

Taike

------------------
Khoi huk ngam sud tee huk kon diow.

#201880 - 03/27/06 08:48 AM Re: Question for Abacus
abacus Offline

Loc: English Riviera, UK
Hello Taike
I have not played the EX2, however it uses a standard 3 GHz PC with 1 or more (Depending on specification) Creative Audigy Sound Cards, and so I would assume the sounds produced are Soundfonts.
Wersi do provide Pedal boards as extras, and come in with 13, 17 and 25 note versions. (All touch sensitive) They are however a little more expensive then off the shelf Midi Pedal boards, but they do not require a separate power supply. (They also have the standard Midi functions)

Bill

#201881 - 03/28/06 05:42 AM Re: Question for Abacus
Bachus Offline

Like posted somewhere else too.

This Tornado is mainly for organ sounds and thats the part where wersi allready shines.

http://keyszone.boards.net

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online