SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 >
Topic Options
#201729 - 11/11/05 12:42 PM So How Happy are all You NEW TYROS 2 Owners Now?
Dnj Offline

It seems to have died own a bit whats happeneing out there in Tyros2land ? I guess many are still waiting for the units/or ? Anyone?

[This message has been edited by Dnj (edited 11-11-2005).]

#201730 - 11/11/05 02:14 PM Re: So How Happy are all You NEW TYROS 2 Owners Now?
Graham UK Offline

Loc: Lincolnshire UK
They are all out working to pay for all that money they paid out in part-ex for the B...thing Ha!!!

[This message has been edited by Graham UK (edited 11-11-2005).]

#201731 - 11/11/05 03:13 PM Re: So How Happy are all You NEW TYROS 2 Owners Now?
Roel Offline

We (the owners) enjoy this great machine very very much, so there is almost no time left to join discussions at SZ and other forums.

About 10 of my friends did order the T2 immediately after they saw/heard it... so don't worry
The sales beat EVERY record and Yamaha was right in telling : "The T2 is a true revolution in music!" .... the best I've seen/owned without any doubts.

I played hours & hours and did not notice any malfunctions or glitches/bugs in the T2, so Yamaha kept its promise : "The product will be 99.99% ready and bug-free" (Many other brands do not)

[This message has been edited by Roel (edited 11-12-2005).]

#201732 - 11/11/05 07:01 PM Re: So How Happy are all You NEW TYROS 2 Owners Now?
Scottyee Offline

Loc: San Francisco Bay Area, CA, US...
Quote:
Originally posted by Dnj:
So How Happy are all You NEW TYROS 2 Owners Now?

VERY Happy ! ! !

Sorry I haven't a chance to post for the past few days. In addition to (finally) recovering from a bad cold, I've been spending every spare minute (enjoying) playing my new Tyros2, of which has included customizing my T2 MusicFinder song database to include my own unique complete song performance repetoire, both integrating my T1 MusicFinder song database, and adding fresh new T2 style song arrangements as well. I've now got over 1,200 of my own select songs to choose from when performing.

Ok folks. I realize I've been deliquent in posting T2 demo songs. I haven't forgotten. I'll try to get something out in the next couple of days, but it may have to be an instrumental, as my voice is still hoarse from the bout of laryingitis I got with the cold. It seems that everytime I get sick, I get laryingitis too. I'm wondering if any other singers here are prone to this a well. I suspect that we vocalists are especially suseptible because we put extra demands on our voice, making our vocal cords especially vulnerable for colds to settle there. Interested if other singer performers here have experienced this too.

Ok, in addition to upcoming demo songs, I still promise to share my thoughts (I have a lot of them) about Tyros2. I guess I have a busy weekend of catch up work.

Scott

#201733 - 11/11/05 11:14 PM Re: So How Happy are all You NEW TYROS 2 Owners Now?
Caragabal Offline

Loc: Hobart Tasmania Australia
The best thing for a sore throat etc is a warm salt water gargle.It works for me.
I find that when I am singing but not to excess I get less colds.
If the diaphram is used properly the deep breathing helps to keep the the lungs clear.
A lot of modern popular singers put a lot of strain on the throat.Classical singers learn to avoid this.
Just another tip.Before I perform I will suck a boiled lolly.This seems to clear and relax the throat.
When I was young I had a bout of quinzy and my mum was quick to treat it with salt water.
It came up and was burst within three days.
You go to a doctor and he will give you an antibiotic which takes a fortnight to work.

Hope this helps.

Cousin Ken

#201734 - 11/12/05 04:10 AM Re: So How Happy are all You NEW TYROS 2 Owners Now?
Craig_UK Offline

Loc: UK
Extremely happy with Tyros 2, it's the best I've ever purchased. Easy to use, superb sounds and styles and the hard drive recording is easy to use. When I get more time I'll post some songs somewhere.

#201735 - 11/12/05 04:45 AM Re: So How Happy are all You NEW TYROS 2 Owners Now?
Impuls Offline

Loc: Netherlands
2 thumbs up for the Tyros2 !
I am very pleased with the overall sound
I have played it once with my band and they found the guitars and brass sounds incredible!
I now must find out the possibility's (?) of the sample player.
The only minor point is the size of a song made of a cd, ± 35Mb!
I hope they make it possible to play Mp3 file's on the T2

Best Regards
Arno.

#201736 - 11/12/05 05:04 AM Re: So How Happy are all You NEW TYROS 2 Owners Now?
Roel Offline

Hi Arno,
Your HDD is 40 Gigs, right ? (how many songs do you want to store there? )
MP3 is a way of compression in which you always lose some quality compared to WAV-format.... so I think it is a 'plus' T2 uses WAV. (excellent quality)

The USB interfaces are USB1 standard what means a few minutes to transfer WAV data from T2 to PC. (I wonder why Yamaha did not put a USB2 in it... what is about 10 times the USB1 speed)

#201737 - 11/12/05 06:07 AM Re: So How Happy are all You NEW TYROS 2 Owners Now?
abacus Offline

Loc: English Riviera, UK
If you use the highest bit rate on mp3 or wma, then unless you have a high-end audio system, you will probably not notice any difference, the down side is that the file size becomes considerably larger.
Also editing of a wave file is a lot easier then having to deal with compression at the same time.
Regarding USB, since it was introduced there have been 3 different speeds over the years.
1. USB1 1.5Mbits per second.
2. USB 1.1 12Mbits per second
3. USB 2 480Mbits per second
Its main competitor however, called Firewire/ IEE1394/ Ilink has also increased in speed, from its original 400Mbits per second to 800Mbits per second.
Probably the reason Yamaha did not fit USB 2 is because USB 2 did not really become a standard computer motherboard fitment until the P4 came out in about 2002, were as taking in to account the 137Gb hard disk limit, and PC133 memory that is used in the Tyros 2, this would indicate that it uses the old P3 technology, which only went up to USB 1.1.
However old technology or not, it is still a dam good board.

Bill

#201738 - 11/12/05 06:11 AM Re: So How Happy are all You NEW TYROS 2 Owners Now?
travlin'easy Offline

Loc: Forest Hill, MD USA
I confronted the Yamaha reps about several issues on Thursday, particularly the lousy, outdated LCD display, and they acted as if they had never heard of sunlight viewable displays. Ironically, then they talked about the added expense it would take to produce this type of display. When I showed them my $12 Timex watch with a sunlight viewable screen, they said the resolution was very low in the watch. Guess what Yamaha--the resolution in the keyboard's LCD display is also very low--not nearly as high as most inexpensive, sunlight viewable, full-color marine fathometers costing less than $150. Gee, would anyone paying $3,200 for a Tyros2 care if you added another $100, or even $200, for a high-contrast, high-resolution, sunlight-viewable display? I don't think so! The display on my boat's depth finder is 1024 X 768 pixels and you can see fish on the display from the other end of the boat.

Additionally, the Tyros2 LCD display seems to be significantly worse than the Tyros1 and PSR-3000 displays, which are also not what they should be by a long shot. There have been lots of reports about the display since this board hit the streets, and to date, none are glowing.

Cmon' Yamaha, get with the program.

Gary

------------------
Travlin' Easy

[This message has been edited by travlin'easy (edited 11-12-2005).]

K+E=W (Knowledge Plus Experience = Wisdom.)

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 >

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online