SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Topic Options
#201597 - 06/06/03 06:58 PM Why Can't I Sing Like Donny Pesce?
Tony W Offline

Loc: Lancaster UK
Hi all,

Well it has all been getting a bit too serious around here of late! Hopefully we can get back to having fun and enjoying each others friendship now?

Anyway, the other day I was sat playing my keyboard and serenading my dog (Princess Fanny) with an earsplitting version of 'Let me try again'. The normally affectionate animal started to show me her teeth and I don't think she was trying to sing (Bad dog)

Despondent and dejected I thought to myself "Why can't I sing it like Donny Pesce?" If you have not heard Donny sing it he has a version of the song on his site www.donnypesce.com

One thing led to another and resulted in this light hearted ditty which made me laugh out loud whilst I was writing it. I hope it makes you smile and remember why we are all here.

Donny, don't be too mad my friend. I hope you don't mind my little tribute song Now how about giving me some free singing lessons

Well here it is "Why Can't I Sing Like Donny Pesce?" (only 1.9 mb) ......
http://members.sniffout.com/nsymon/why.mp3

In fun and friendship
Tony

#201598 - 06/06/03 08:34 PM Re: Why Can't I Sing Like Donny Pesce?
travlin'easy Offline

Loc: Forest Hill, MD USA
Hey Tony,
There are a couple reasons why you can't sing like Donny. First and foremost, Donny is from New Jersey--the same place Frank Sinatra hailed from. Consequently, he has that great, New Jersey accent that Frankie had, therefore, it's gonna' be real tough to match that. I've heard him in person, and I can tell you that he sounds even better when performing live. He's going to be tough to match when it comes to being a performer and singer. All you need to do is jump on a plane, fly over the pond, spend about 40 years in central New Jersey and with luck, you'll pick up the accent and be able to "sing like Donny Pesce."

Cheers,

Gary

K+E=W (Knowledge Plus Experience = Wisdom.)

#201599 - 06/07/03 01:09 AM Re: Why Can't I Sing Like Donny Pesce?
eddiefromrotherham Offline

Loc: Rotherham,England.
Hi Tony,

thanks for your "Why.MP3" which I enjoyed very much.
As for the Donny voice, yes we Brits have always liked this particular accent that he has, probably because of our love of Old Blue Eyes. I certainly was brought up listening to Sinatra and any voice which resembles his is a favourite of mine.
BTW, I was prompted to want to listen to more of your music and was disappointed to find your website inop. Hope it will be available soon.
As for me,I also sound like a famous American in my songs - Telly Savalas - who was the first to copy my 'geriatric rap' which I have now perfected
cheers
Eddie

------------------
Eddie from Rotherham
www.yamahakeyboards.info

my mail is virus-free thanks to Norton Antivirus2002

#201600 - 06/07/03 06:15 AM Re: Why Can't I Sing Like Donny Pesce?
trtjazz Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by Tony W:
Hi all,

The normally affectionate animal started to show me her teeth and I don't think she was trying to sing (Bad dog)

Tony

Tony,
Perhaps she was smiling.

Terry

[This message has been edited by trtjazz (edited 06-07-2003).]

#201601 - 06/07/03 06:45 AM Re: Why Can't I Sing Like Donny Pesce?
travlin'easy Offline

Loc: Forest Hill, MD USA
Tony,
I almost forgot. When and if you cross the pond to take singing lessons from Donny, the offer is still good for the fillet mignon smothered in sauteed mushrooms and onions. As for Donny, it's Maryland style steamed crabs and ice-cold beer--Oh Yeah!

Cheers,

Gary

K+E=W (Knowledge Plus Experience = Wisdom.)

#201602 - 06/07/03 06:50 AM Re: Why Can't I Sing Like Donny Pesce?
Luis.Santos Offline

Loc: Portugal
Quote:
"Why can't I sing it like Donny Pesce?"

That's just because you don't have HIS voice!

Luis santos

#201603 - 06/07/03 04:25 PM Re: Why Can't I Sing Like Donny Pesce?
beachbum Offline

Loc: Austin
You should have named it why do I sound like Tony. From the first vocal... What ever you do the first lyric that spouts out I know it's Tony... You have such a unique sound!

#201604 - 06/07/03 04:35 PM Re: Why Can't I Sing Like Donny Pesce?
Scottyee Offline

Loc: San Francisco Bay Area, CA, US...
Quote:
Originally posted by beachbum:
From the first vocal... What ever you do the first lyric that spouts out I know it's Tony... You have such a unique sound!

Yep, this is a KEY element to an artist's success, and what talent agents & producers are always looking for. Go TONY !

- Scott

#201605 - 06/08/03 04:33 PM Re: Why Can't I Sing Like Donny Pesce?
Tony W Offline

Loc: Lancaster UK
Hi all,
Thanks for the nice replies! I was getting just a bit worried as I had not heard from the man himself since posting the song....However it transpires that he has not had access to the pc for a couple of days! I do know that he has not heard it yet so I may not be out of the woods just yet

Gary & Eddie,
I think you may be right. Donny does have that Sinatra thing going on! Eddie my website is undergoing a complete re-do! I started changing things then time got the better of me. I will get it up and running again soon though. Gary, maybe my next ditty should be "I wish I could cook like Travlin easy!"

Terry,
Believe me Princess Fanny never smiles....often scowls but never smiles. Maybe she holds her name against me?

Luis,
I wish I did

Beachbum,
Ha ha!! Unique indeed.....and no-one else would want it Have you recorded any more stuff lately? I always like listening to your songs.

Scott,
How ya doin Lord alone knows I don't want to be discovered.... at least not for my vocal (in)ability. Now if someone heard one of my ditties and thought ...wow I want to record that....well you would see me smiling from over there. I do appreciate your support though. You were the very first person who ever heard one of my songs and it is due to your encouragement and your kindness that I persisted with it. Any confidence I have in my writing is down to you my friend.

TTFN
Tony

#201606 - 06/09/03 08:52 AM Re: Why Can't I Sing Like Donny Pesce?
Uncle Dave Offline

Loc: Penn Yan, NY
Quote:
I was getting just a bit worried as I had not heard from the man himself since posting the song....Tony

Don't worry Tony, Donny has been moving into a new home this past week or so, and he has to go to a Kinko's store to use a pc.(That's a copy place) He'll be back on line very shortly, and I'm sure he'll appreciate your warm hearted sonic gesture.

#201607 - 06/11/03 07:22 AM Re: Why Can't I Sing Like Donny Pesce?
Dnj Offline

Tony.....

Im honered.......but I still havn't been able to her your piece yet.....this office pc Im using temporarily has no audio...Argggg!
Just a few more days and I'll be back to normal. besides being my great Webmaster....Your a Kool Cat also....
Hope to enjoy it asap

take care

Donny

------------------
www.donnypesce.com

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online