SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Topic Options
#201206 - 05/09/05 09:26 PM Transfering sounds from Technics to 3K?
Anonymous
Unregistered

Is there away of transfering sounds from my Technics KN1000 to my 3K? The Technics has a floppy disk. Is there a way of using the floppy to get the sounds in the 3K? I knew this way going to happen. There are some sound effects that I love on the Technics and the 3K doesn't have.
Thanks.

Peter

[This message has been edited by peter dino (edited 05-09-2005).]

#201207 - 05/09/05 09:35 PM Re: Transfering sounds from Technics to 3K?
Scott Langholff Offline

Loc: Pensacola, Florida, USA
Hi Pete

No, can't be done.

I too had a KN1000 that I loved. Believe me, you'll get over it. I know I did.

My father in law bought it from me and I had him bring it back so I could direct record some of the midi songs I recorded live.

There are a couple of sounds on there that I like, but no way do I want it back.

Recently there was a post about new custom voices for the Tyros, there is also a bunch there for the PSR3000. Perhaps this will take care of your needs.

Best
Scott Langholff
http://www.ScottLMusic.com

#201208 - 05/09/05 09:37 PM Re: Transfering sounds from Technics to 3K?
Scott Langholff Offline

Loc: Pensacola, Florida, USA

#201209 - 05/10/05 05:37 AM Re: Transfering sounds from Technics to 3K?
Anonymous
Unregistered

Scott
I just received my 3k yesterday and prior to that I was very excited. I wasn't expecting to experience this level of frustration and dissapointment so soon. I'm glad to hear you had a KN1000 also so you know that every sound you needed was literally at your finger tips. No pages to scroll thru.
Anyway I know you said it could'n be done but, on the psrtutorial website I'm getting a feeling that it can. http://psrtutorial.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=1874 If you look at all those styles that were converted from other keyboards to the psr series, I don't see why I can't transfer sounds from the Technics to the 3K. I'm hoping that I can.
Have you looked at the psrtutoral website and all those syles that were converted from other keyboards? Wow!
Of course if I really can't do this, I'm gonna have to live with it, like you said.

Thanks,

Peter

[This message has been edited by peter dino (edited 05-10-2005).]

#201210 - 05/10/05 05:56 AM Re: Transfering sounds from Technics to 3K?
travlin'easy Offline

Loc: Forest Hill, MD USA
Peter,

You cannot transfer individual voices or styles directly from the Technics to the 3000, however, all of those styles have been long since converted to Yamaha format--and they can be loaded.

Additionally, follow the advice of those who have the 3000, explore the keyboard thoroughly, tune the EQs, and more than likely, you'll find similar sounds to those you had on the Technics. There are hundreds of individual voices on the 3000, many of which are in folders you are likely not aware of their existance.

Tune the board's EQs first, then look at all the wonderful sounds you'll find in the depths of the board's inner workings.

Cheers,

Gary

K+E=W (Knowledge Plus Experience = Wisdom.)

#201211 - 05/10/05 08:19 AM Re: Transfering sounds from Technics to 3K?
Anonymous
Unregistered

O.K. I think I got the message now...
I'm gonna take a deep breath and go slowly.

Thanks,

Peter

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online